Speedometer stops at 200 Kmph ca. 120 mph

Dadparent

I have a strange problem. When the bike comes to 200 kmph the needle of the speedometer collapse to zero. And from that moment the meter fails to work. Until I stop and from that moment everything is ok until the 200 Kmph. Anyone any ideas ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Hello , no it’s a V11 Lemans 2002. I replaced the clutch,so the speedo was taken out of the gearbox and replaced. But I replaced it and nothing changed.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

Dadparent. Our Veglia's are not of high quality construction. Seem's like most fail at some point, in different ways. Usually erratic indicator movement and then just stops function. Many owners upgrade to aftermarket gauges when this happens. Speedhut is a popular well made unit, with much information on this forum. I have not heard of the problem you are having, though someone here may have. You may be the owner that 'gets' to figure it out. Let us know the outcome.

If mine started doing something like that, I'd take it apart to see what I could see, and if I could repair it. Then I'd buy the Speedhut set.

• Like 1

Sorry I missed the point here, you said after 200 km what happened, If it's sort of working under 200km, your OK.

Time for another IPA.

Cheers tom

I would be suspicious of the angle drive at the gearbox, driving the cable to the white face Veglia. They can come apart a couple different ways. Make sure the metal blanking disc is secured and the unit is pressed well into it's mounting couple.

Also, that the angle drive is tightened well to the gearbox and the short gearbox drive shaft is seated correctly.

Sorry I missed the point here, you said after 200 km what happened, If it's sort of working under 200km, your OK.

Time for another IPA.

Cheers tom

After 200kph you switch over to Mach Number for speed:) Whats the mach speed indicator showing?

Ciao

Hey guys,

Thank you all for the response. I figure it out and I'm afraid that will take some time. But when I have a solution I promise to give the solution. Why Will it take so long? You US guys made me clear that we Europeans are irresponsible. So that will take some time for visiting a psychologist. But I'm afraid that he can't cure, as for many Europeans. But to be honest I drive it not every day and this was for a try out of my just bought V11.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

• Like 2