carbon fiber alternator cover

docc

Ace Hardware will have metal inserts (sleeves or spacers) that should work.  Might need to grind the sleeve to match the height and drill the cover to accept the extra diameter.

I thought about this right away.  My big concern is how much carbon fiber needs to be drilled out of the holes. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Alright. Sorry, dudes. I went rogue (again) . . . . clear coated what zinc chromate stayed on after the bench grinder's wire wheel . . .

IMG_7545.jpg

Haha: yep! That is the actual "finish!" :grin:

• 6 months later...

Just make sure they incorporate aluminium inserts into mount points esp ones like the valve and alternator covers where the tabs are smaller. I'm sure there would be a market fora carbon V11 tank with all the Ethanol tank swelling issues about. Talking about tanks they should also be treated with a liquid liner before use to make doubly sure they arent affected over the long term.

Ciao

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Just ordered one in plain matte today. In a chat last week they told me they just got a new batch, but site still say zero in stock.

$130,- incl shipping to Norway. The cost of shipping is not what it used to be, but then again..what is:D

• Haha 1