Red (short) Frame vs. Black (long) Frame

Scud

Yep, they did. The early V11 ('99) at least partially had this bracket. I know of one bike.

All the red frames have the bracket welded to the frame (perhaps the Rosso Mandello?), but have you seen them with the actual plate fitted connecting the frame to the gearcase?

Neat. I doubt any of those made it to the US. (unknown)

My Sport is a March 2000 build.

I guess the other injected SpineFrames do also have the plate fitted (100 Sport-i, Centauro, Daytona) [?]

• 2 weeks later...

Public service announcement:

A limited supply of transmission brackets is available.

I just got this one delivered from Moto International. It cost $14.63 plus $4.00 shipping, no mounting hardware included. They could not tell me how many were available, only that they are limited.

IMG_6988.jpg

LowRyter and his mechanic, Don, fabricated one for him and decided to make a batch to sell. I've been trying to buy one for a while, but they were still not ready when I happened to notice they were available on Moto International's website. Don's brackets will be more expensive, but they will be powdercoated red and come with mounting hardware.

• 10 months later...

Public service announcement:

A limited supply of transmission brackets is available.

I just got this one delivered from Moto International. It cost $14.63 plus $4.00 shipping, no mounting hardware included. They could not tell me how many were available, only that they are limited.

IMG_6988.jpg

LowRyter and his mechanic, Don, fabricated one for him and decided to make a batch to sell. I've been trying to buy one for a while, but they were still not ready when I happened to notice they were available on Moto International's website. Don's brackets will be more expensive, but they will be powdercoated red and come with mounting hardware.

So... anyone got one of these laying around they'd sell me, or loan me so I can copy it? $65 is kind of hard to swallow, considering it was 14 from the factory.  I'll pay it if I can't find one fairly cheap, but I will copy it and spread the joy.

Well, I ordered one from Moto International, but it took them 2 months to determine it actually wasn't available, so I got one from Don at Motiv Cycle Works.

Not that easy to install, there's a lot of crap in there to work around. But it's in, one less thing to worry about.

I may be imagining it, but my Sport now has slightly less rear-end wiggle when hitting a bump while cornering.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

On the early RedFrames ( maybe the Rosso Mandello?), it connects the bottom of the spine to the top front of the gearbox ahead of the throttle linkage rod. LongFrames (2002-2005) have no mounting tab for this part.

[edit: Apparently the black Rosso Mandello Short Frame does not have the welded mounting tab.]

This evening I will try to post an image of it mounted and a link to another thread about that plate.