The Guzzi Neophyte regretfully lets her go.

BMEPdoc

Hello gents. After over 3 years of searching and finally finding one which met my almost unobtainium standards, I've decided to put my greenie up for sale. There's a backstory here. You see, back in 2012 I underwent a triple bypass and though successful, I'm just not the man I used to physically be but it took a while for my head to catch up to where my body is. About 18 months worth of rehab later I had another mishap when I went for a serious tumble on my XR650R which resulted in breaking my right radius, dislocating my shoulder, tearing my rotator cuff, and fracturing my right patella. My right forearm is now fitted with a cool titanium pin and my knee has healed nicely but its my right wrist and shoulder which cause me considerable discomfort on anything longer than short 1 hour rides. Initially I thought I'd be okay but I've been proven wrong over the last several hundred miles of Guzzi romping. It's the consistent thump-thump-thumping frequency which makes distance rides unbearable. Being an ex- 70's era semi pro MX-er and all of the associated body thrashing which took place surely doesn't help matters either, so at 61 I'm just plum worn out.

Anyhow, it's been a pleasure reading about your experiences and having the opportunity to meet Tim (Scud). I was hoping to be a part of this community for years to come - unfortunately, physical fate has tossed me a curve ball I'm incapable of hitting. I'll be posting quite a few photos of my most splendid machine along with the considerable assortment of parts, literature, etc. which come with it in the 'classified' section in the next day or two. Here's a teaser pic for those who haven't seen her.

Posted Image

warmest regards, -doc

• Like 3