India Rajasthan tour

Hello all

It has been awhile since I last posted so i thought I would share a quick video of a trip i just finished in India to let you see the beauty and craziness if you ever decide to ride there.

The bikes: 350cc Enfields

Distance: Around 2000km in 10 days

People: My wife , 7 year old daughter and 2 good friends. Hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/RZnSiDziuK4

• Like 5

Enjoy?

You are braver folks than I.   :notworthy:

I have always found the Indian subcontinent fascinating, but the reality of riding some of those narrow "streets" and dodging herds of sheep, etc., left me sweating.

Great vid ... tho I did turn off the sound.  OTOH, maybe I missed out on some understandable screaming!  :grin:

Bill

That was GREAT. Thanks for sharing your adventure. Other than the architecture, it felt a little like riding in Mexico.

Come to think of it... the majority of the world's motorcyclists probably have conditions like that every day - rather than the well-paved infrastructure that we are used to in Japan, USA, and other "developed" nations. They use small bikes for transportation, not big bikes for pleasure rides.

I spent a year in nortkern Pakistan as a Helicopter engineer on a Bell 412 for the Aga Khan Rural support Program. Absolutely stunning scenery, so many mountains that if under 20,000ft they rarely have a name. I often saw groups of motorcyclists snaking their way up the Karakorum Highway. This is a good road built by the military to serve the Northern Areas, pretty empty once you get into the foothills. Gilgit is lovely, sitting at the base of Rakaposhi, a huge mountain rising up from the valley floor. Google 'The Gilgit Game'. Hunza is close and is where the author James Hilton got inspiration to write Lost Horison, Shangri-La is said to be based on Hunza, there is even an ancient castle, once a Tibetan style monastry.

OK its 30 years since I have been there so perhaps some of the mountains have eroded a little.

• Like 1

I have to agree. I spent 2 months up there 20 years ago and prefer it to the Himalaya. Had to leave when Bill Clinton sent over a missile to take out Osama bin Laden near Peshawar and missed Though for bragging rights you can only get a picture of the worlds highest motorable road if you are in Ladakh. Such a beautiful part of the world. If you ever do the Himalaya you have to try Sach pass. Hasn"t been open that long and is by far the toughest way into the high Himalaya. God knows how I kept 5 Enfields going through that trip