motratech business for sale

xroads

john mickowskt (motratech) is retiring and will no longer be mfg his footpeg relocation kits, oil pressure kits and relays.

he is giving the v11 community the opportunity to buy his business.

the business includes casting patterns, engineering drawings for all cnc machined parts, parts lists, instructions, sources and current inventory.

this could be a home based business w/all sales via online email w/global shipping by usps priority.

if any of our members are interested, please contact john via email: sixela@warwick.net or text: 973 459 9417.

john wishes to thank all his customers from the v11 community.

• 1 year later...

Good question, I'd really love to get a set. Maybe if there's enough interest some one with the skills will start making them again.

We can only hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2020 at 7:35 PM, Vic said:

Good question, I'd really love to get a set. Maybe if there's enough interest some one with the skills will start making them again.

We can only hope.

Possibly... one could drop him an email I suppose and see what happened to the business or specifically the foot control portion. 

I certainly can't speak for him, but if no one picked up the entire business, he may be interested in doing something with the foot control licensing & plans on their own.

He was very active and helpful here for a long while, but hasn't logged in since March 2019.  So along with retiring from the MC accessory business, it looks like he may not be that active with motorcycling and the V11 community at all anymore either? 

I too take long breaks over the last years, and it seems that every time I pop back in after a year or three break that several of the top contributors and old-timers have moved on and themselves not logged in for a year+ :( 

It seems like an ever shrinking audience, but then again these bikes are now at their youngest 15 year old models, and at their oldest over 20 years.  Hard to believe that much time has passed so quickly.

For nostalgia, here is a snapshot of what the old Motratech webpage for the MGC-SB10 controls used to look like, with a little info about them:

Motratech-MGC-SB10-Foot-Forward-Comfort-Pegs-Moto-Guzzi-V11-Sport.JPG

• Thanks 1

Hi Al, thanks for your post and the "Mortratech" page. Like you said there may not be enough interest ,due to the small number of these bikes to make a business out of producing them. But it seems to be a real waste,that all this development and engineering will never be used again.

It would be great if at least the drawings were some how beening made available, so that all this work is not just lost.

His setup seems to me to be the best answer to the problem of the V11 foot pegs.

Yeah, I'm almost certain I have a set of the Motratech foot controls in a box somewhere... always intending to put them on and give them a try, but never did get around to it yet.

If I do have them, it's on my list of to-do as the old Buell drop peg experiment never really worked for me as it caused me to be too pigeon toed even when extending the shift and brake pegs.

Your lucky to own a set,it's easy for life to get in the way of our hobbies, there's always something that needs our attention before we get to working on the bike.

Since you have a set still in the box,any chance that you could post some photos of the individual parts, I'd like to see what would be involved in having the pieces made up locally. 

This is probably a lot to ask,but if you find the time, it would be a help in determining the scope of a project like this.

I'll see, but I have no idea where they are packed away at the moment... :huh2:    If I even have them.  

That being said, a bunch of folks here have installed them over the years, so they may have photos.  But honestly it would be tough (impossible?) I think to reverse engineer them from photos without technical drawings and specs.  Plus that isn't really fair to John and his intellectual property and the effort he's put into designing them.

I'd really recommend your dropping a note to John or call him, since his contact info in the first post.  You never know, he may have a set still hanging around or as you say give you a one-time use of the specs to have a machine shop make a set for you :thumbsup:

• Like 1