Tires are in fair condition. 

500 miles ago I added new...

battery 

valve guides

fuel pump

improved cam chain tensioner 

oil slosh plate.

Located in Northern Illinois

Has Hepco & Becker luggage rack, carbon fiber fairing and starter cover, DynoJet power commander, Runs well, clean title in hand. $3500 obo. Calls, Text, or leave a Voicemail Kevin 765-810-4688

Valve guides at 12k miles?

Yes, it spun a rod bearing shortly after i bought it(hence the slosh plate). Upon tear down, the top of the head was brown. Figured id replace the guides while it was apart. Main bearings were in good shape, as were the cam bearing surfaces and lobes. I had the crank pin ground one size under and fitted new rod bearings after confirming the rods were in spec and the big ends were round. I did a complete teardown, clean, and inspection of every part the engine. Cylinder bores were unharmed and round and the pistons and rings looked good. All seals and gaskets were replaced throughout the engine. Everything was checked and assembled to spec per the shop manual found on Gregory Bender's very helpful site.

• Like 1

It sounds like you got the engine stopped before more serious damage occurred. Do you know what caused the oil starvation? Some people have reported just going up a long incline under load can do it.

And what happened to the footpegs? Did they get misplaced during the teardown?

It sounds like you got the engine stopped before more serious damage occurred. Do you know what caused the oil starvation? Some people have reported just going up a long incline under load can do it.

And what happened to the footpegs? Did they get misplaced during the teardown?

I'd guess that to be the case because it started to knock after some hard acceleration passing a truck. With the oil pickup being toward the front of the sump, it likely sucked some air. I've also heard tale that some v11's left the factory with untorqued rod bolts but all four seemed snug enough when i took it apart. Only the front rod bearing spun, the rear was left unscuffed. As for the foot peg, the bike arrived with one missing. Ive been riding it with a borrowed peg and bracket assembly which i recently returned to its owner.