moto guzzi V11 luggage rack

lukaszv11scura

I think they are rare because everyone threw them away when they found out they could only hold 2 lbs...

Believe me they are sturdy enought to hold more than 2 lbs. Maybe that figure is more to do with Guzzi covering it arse with regard to weight balance and distribution and directional stability of the bike than the actual load bearing capacity of the rack.

They are by far the best quality and niceset looking rack I've seen for a V11 and are a great hand hold for a pillion.

Ciao

I think they are rare because everyone threw them away when they found out they could only hold 2 lbs...

Believe me they are sturdy enought to hold more than 2 lbs. Maybe that figure is more to do with Guzzi covering it arse with regard to weight balance and distribution and directional stability of the bike than the actual load bearing capacity of the rack.

They are by far the best quality and niceset looking rack I've seen for a V11 and are a great hand hold for a pillion.

Ciao

Can you change your avatar. Green bike with rack looks to similar.  :oldgit:

Also joking about the rack thing.

Lovely piece of kit there...I also got lucky very recently to get my hands on one thanks to an observant WG member who put me in touch with the owner, and it's in the garage now...brand new, never used.  Paid $125 bucks for mine, but I think the going market rate is closer to $200.

Thinking of getting it powder coated as silver with Scura doesn't really match well...so probably black is the answer.

I acquired one a while back. Not got round to installing yet. Can't recall what I paid, but I recall I was in two minds at the price. I'd guess it was around £80.

...  I paid $200+ for mine shipped from Australia to California...

Mate, New Zealand is a different country than Australia, if you are talking about that Dec 2016 shipment. :glare:

Kiwis are a bit sensitive about the distinction.  :D

• Like 4

Mate, New Zealand is a different country than Australia, if you are talking about that Dec 2016 shipment. :glare:

I hope you realize the rest of the world thinks that New Zealand is an Australian state...

• Like 1

Apologies, you know how dim some of us Rednecks can be.......

Although you must know that many in the US think of NZ as the "Land of Hobbits" and not the land of All Black.

The rack is great and I "tested it" last month with 40 lbs at 111 mph on Highway 80 across the Great Salt Lake (Utah, USA).

• Like 1