Electrical Q's

Tinus89

Hey all,

So I have two questions regarding the fabulous V11 electrical and sensory system:

1. When I put the ignition on, my oil pressure light does not salute me anymore. When I take the bullet connector off it and ground that somewhere, the light turns on again. Am I right to conclude my oil pressure sensor has heeled over? :mg:

2. In the last 6000km, Bella Rosso has eaten two flasher relays already. One was an open failure, the other one was nearly blinking faster than I could see. Is this normal in your experience? I did have a friend advise me to use a "relay holder" (fancy word for a piece of rubber tie-ripped to the frame) to prevent them from failing, which I did when I installed the 3rd one tonight.

Cheero,

Yes, the switch has failed, they are not very reliable, I fit a 0-100 psi gauge on all my Guzzis when they do.

Some claim if you fit the rubber cover over the switch they last longer.

Usually fast flashing is caused by a short.

If you replace the flasher unit with a high wattage lamp, I use a headlight bulb with a pair of wires soldered to it.

Plug the lamp in the flasher socket, now the lamps will go when you turn on left or right. With the lamps on wiggle all the wires around the lights, if you create a short the headlight bulb will flash On.

• Like 1

Yes, the switch has failed, they are not very reliable, I fit a 0-100 psi gauge on all my Guzzis when they do.

Some claim if you fit the rubber cover over the switch they last longer.

I would love to, but can't seem to find a proper sized, affordable pressure gauge in Europe...

How in heaven's name do you get the bullet connector inside that rubber cover?

Usually fast flashing is caused by a short.

If you replace the flasher unit with a high wattage lamp, I use a headlight bulb with a pair of wires soldered to it.

Plug the lamp in the flasher socket, now the lamps will go when you turn on left or right. With the lamps on wiggle all the wires around the lights, if you create a short the headlight bulb will flash On.

After I lightly tapped the malfunctioning flasher relay with a screwdriver, she behaved again for a minute, then slowly increasing pace again.

The replacement flasher relay works fine... Could there still be a short somewhere?