crankcase vent return line

docc

Can someone confirm the fitment on the 2002 V11? Is it the "shouldered" flare fitting of the early V11, or the later "unshouldered" O-ringer?

2002 V-11 is the same as yours

So, the return line did not change with the move to the LongFrame in 2002, but later . . .

I got the early line from the ebay seller on the way and will compare its length etc to the later O-ringer footgoose sent me . . . :nerd:

Uh . . . wait . . . that line has no "shoulder", so would have O-rings like the 2003 line shown in Post#36, no? :huh2:

(My understanding is that  "AN" (or JIC) is the early "flare" fitting as shown in Post#44 with the external "shoulder" indicated by the arrow.)

2002 V-11 is the same as yours

My '02 has the same line & fitting as your's Doc.

Just to clarify, this is my 2000 Sport with the external "shoulder" and the internal "AN" or JIC-type "flare":

IMG_6702%202.jpg

Yet, Chuck's Scura is a 2002 and has the later (non-shoulder) O-ringer?

I always thought the Scura were all 2002. (Not the 2005 Scura R, the very last V11 model on offer. Perhaps the most rare of all V11?)

Is Chuck's Mighty Scura is a late '02 build date? :huh2:

Looking like an O-ringer there, Chuck, not  AN/JIC . . . ?

I am only making the AN versus JIC distinction (for the early flare fitting) from gstallons saying AN would be 4-5 times the cost and typically aircraft/military. 

I feel pretty confident that Moto Guzzi would not have payed for that when my V11 was built.

I always thought the Scura were all 2002. (Not the 2005 Scura R, the very last V11 model on offer. Perhaps the most rare of all V11?)

Is Chuck's Mighty Scura is a late '02 build date? :huh2:

Looking like an O-ringer there, Chuck, not  AN/JIC . . . ?

I am only making the AN versus JIC distinction (for the early flare fitting) from gstallons saying AN would be 4-5 times the cost and typically aircraft/military. 

I feel pretty confident that Moto Guzzi would not have payed for that when my V11 was built.

Well, I'm too cheap (Guzzi content) to dump the oil and look. I just filled it a month or so ago. Just the same, it doesn't look anything like post #36. All Guzzis not the same?? Shirley, :) you jest.

Sorry for any confusion. :blush: I have been hoping we could identify the fitting type by looking at the outside of the line without taking it off. It appears there are only two types: 1) early AN/JIC flare fitting with the external shoulder visibly capturing the hex as installed on my 2000 Sport and 2) later O-ringed fitting without the external shoulder (perhaps) introduced during 2002:

IMG_7176.jpg