crankcase vent return line

docc

2 hours ago, bbolesaz said:

Looks like very clean motor oil.

Right? It has an oily consistency, as well. That is partly why I chased after it with the crankcase vent return for so long. I really don't understand why my fuel tank is doing this.

14 minutes ago, czakky said:

No tank lining or anything?

Original tank. No lining. Had its share of ethanol. Got away from it for a while, but been using US Shell premium V-Power Nitro+. I like the way the Sport runs on this fuel, but it still has the ethanol component. And the *binary azeotropes* that go with it. :blink:

Weird, this started after I did that tank drain test of how much fuel gets trapped in a V11 tank.  <_<

• 3 months later...

Notice how our seasoned V11-ist, czakky, knew not to bite on the "Fuel Trapped in the Tank Test" lest I re-post the test image (avert yer eyes!). :o

So, it seems the Spooge Trap (collection point for fuel vent and overflow) continues to gather what is largely raw fuel. Perhaps it is simply siphoning off my fill-up and could be pushed by the old Nylon tank changing shape from temperature changes from high outdoor/operating temperatures to the "controlled environs" the Sport is privileged to be parked in. :huh2:

I did find the clever rubber stopper was not rated for fuel exposure and was deteriorating. I've installed an inverted "vacuum cap," but time will tell if it is Viton or Buna-N or something that will stand up to the raw fuel . . .