Le Mans with Handlebars

Steve S

Or at 65 I just rode my commuter bicycle more and worked my arms/shoulders with dumbbells.  The stock clip-ons don't bother me even on 800 mile days.

Now I must admit that I put on knight designs 1" drop pegs and adjusted the stock foot controls.  I'm really sensitive to any knee discomfort after damaging both badly and not getting the surgery.  Both of my brothers have had knee surgery and mine are better even though I've damaged them worse.

Very nice installation.  It might help others looking at this solution if you could possibly post the model numbers of the bars, risers and clamps and which mirrors you used.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

The clamps are Renthal 28mm CL001-5 and the bars are Renthal Street Low 828-50, the Rox Risers are optional I wanted the bars further back, i also replaced the brake pipe with a longer Goodrich build a line kit, the mirrors are a pair of cheap items from ebay

• Like 1

Very nice installation.  It might help others looking at this solution if you could possibly post the model numbers of the bars, risers and clamps and which mirrors you used.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

The clamps are Renthal 28mm CL001-5 and the bars are Renthal Street Low 828-50, the Rox Risers are optional I wanted the bars further back, i also replaced the brake pipe with a longer Goodrich build a line kit, the mirrors are a pair of cheap items from ebay

Thanks!  I'm sure that will be very helpful for someone interested in making a similar modification.

Or at 65 I just rode my commuter bicycle more and worked my arms/shoulders with dumbbells.  The stock clip-ons don't bother me even on 800 mile days.

Now I must admit that I put on knight designs 1" drop pegs and adjusted the stock foot controls.  I'm really sensitive to any knee discomfort after damaging both badly and not getting the surgery.  Both of my brothers have had knee surgery and mine are better even though I've damaged them worse.

I've been considering the Knight Designs drop pegs as well.  Which ones did you get, the "spikey, off road" ones, or the "tire tread" style?

V11 naked sport

I used Renthal CL003 bar mounts.

The bolts are longer and with a spacer allow the bar to pass over the forks in the OEM position.

I too used the Renthal 828-50 Fatbar.

I did need to get longer cables and hoses, but the look was long enough.

I made my own bar end internal weights and used the OEM external ones.

I find the position far superior to the OEM over top yoke clip-ons which were just a half way house compromise that were to low for the street and and too high for the track.