Side Kidney Plates Help

Retroman

Hi All,

My side plates are a little scratched and I was thinking of having them powder coated to something similar.

Question can I take one off at a time without the back end collapsing or is it a major support job?

Any advice before I end up with a bust V11 Le Mans would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nigel.

You can take them off in any order you want, but yes the back will "collapse"  ;)

But it's not a big deal honestly.  Just chock and support the front of the bike and rear swingarm/wheel assembly creatively.  You can then unbolt the porkchops.

I recommend not loosening the swingarm pins, but instead just unbolting the porkchop six main frame bolts and removing it with it's swingarm pins in place.  This way you can measure the pin's depth as screwed into each porkchop accurately so you get it right when you put it all back together.

I had mine powdercoated about a decade ago, but it got slightly damaged right before I reinstalled them and now has a few areas bubbling.  So I think I'm due to take mine off again and have them coated again.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys I will let you know how I get on.

Might have the rocket covers done the same colour as well to make it more interesting.

Cheers,

Nigel.