Real Gaskets Tennessee, silicone gaskets, any experience?

al_roethlisberger

Interesting:

https://realgaskets.com/

USE CORK? GET REAL! Real Gaskets that is…

Real Gaskets Tennessee is a manufacturer of silicone Rubber valve cover gaskets for Continental, Franklin & Lycoming aircraft engines in addition to Continental, Jacobs, Lycoming, Pratt & Whitney and Wright radial piston aircraft engines. We even manufacture silicone valve cover gaskets to fit your Ford, GM, Mopar, and Porsche automobile engine and rocker box gaskets for BMW, Harley-Davidson, Suzuki, BSA, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Norton, Triumph, Saab, VW, and most all other motorcycle engines.

These silicone rubber gaskets, which are made from aerospace mechanical grade AMS silicone, are 100% reusable, designed to withstand temperatures up to 400°F, and to last the life of the engine.

If you are tired of oil leaks, then a silicone rubber valve cover gasket is the only way to go and Real Gaskets Tennessee is the only place you can get ‘THE ORIGINAL’ silicone rubber gasket. Thanks for stopping by!

Aircraft engine support is no joke, so I wonder how well these work for our application.  Anyone have any experience with these products for sump or valve cover gaskets?

https://realgaskets.com/product-category/motorcycle/moto-guzzi/

I've killed three of them under the valve covers on my two Guzzis.

No doubt it's an installer's problems since I've killed plenty of paper valve cover gaskets too.  

Original Toyota sealer, just a tiny  bit ( blue wrapping, has to be the black content inside )  on all my gaskets, even cheap ones.  No need for overtightning head covers etc.

Ooops I recieved parts for Cessna to my V11 today   :rasta:

Cheers tom.

Real gaskets stop leaks on aircraft engines with their flimsy stamped valve covers. I've used them for years. The screws holding them down not only don't need to be tight.. they *shouldn't* be tight. Just snug em up.

I feel like, someday, I'll have to change the original ( :o ) valve cover gaskets on my Sport . . .

I did, finally, change the sump gasket, but it wasn't really leaking.

Yet, the OEM V11 gaskets are not actually paper (certainly not "cork"), are they? What are they, then?

These are the best......Valpollini, Pete Roper sent me a set and they are perfect. Some kind of metal hybrid gasket with a coating.

Dont get too carried away with aircraft piston engine technology as a lot of it is from the dark ages. Conti and lycomings use cotton thread to seal the case joint for goodness sake.

Ciao 

These are the best......Valpollini, Pete Roper sent me a set and they are perfect. Some kind of metal hybrid gasket with a coating.

Dont get too carried away with aircraft piston engine technology as a lot of it is from the dark ages. Conti and lycomings use cotton thread to seal the case joint for goodness sake.

Ciao 

Gotcha.. it's silk thread. :oldgit: Red is hard to find.. :whistle: 

I have silicone gaskets from Real Gaskets on both a V11 and a Griso. Both work really well. I also have a similar gasket on the differentials of our Jeep. I like them.

You do need to be careful about not over tightening them. If you over tighten you can destroy the gasket. I have not personally done so, but I have heard from others that have. But if you are capable of not over tightening them they work brilliantly.

I have silicone gaskets from Real Gaskets on both a V11 and a Griso. Both work really well. I also have a similar gasket on the differentials of our Jeep. I like them.

You do need to be careful about not over tightening them. If you over tighten you can destroy the gasket. I have not personally done so, but I have heard from others that have. But if you are capable of not over tightening them they work brilliantly.

Yep.

Real gaskets stop leaks on aircraft engines with their flimsy stamped valve covers. I've used them for years. The screws holding them down not only don't need to be tight.. they *shouldn't* be tight. Just snug em up.

Ciao 

Gotcha.. it's silk thread. :oldgit: Red is hard to find.. :whistle:

I was counting on you Chuck to fill in the fine details:) I learned a long time ago that I dint need to be very smart to survive, just had to know smart people.

Ciao 

• Like 2

Have used these in both applications without any issues on my V11, including re-use. No drips, seepage, etc. Did buy a torque wrench capable of the in-lbs they spec.