EICMA 2018

docc

First day of EICMA 2018 for the public. I see Moto Guzzi is presenting the "production" V85TT (versus last year's "concept").

It would be a good sign if Piaggio populated the display with models that don't smack of big, plastic camels like last year's desert tease . . .

Is there a "road going" V85 as suggested? :huh2:

• Like 1

Apparently, the Moto Guzzi display at EICMA this year is SO much better that passersby get so hot that fire extinguishers

must be kept well at hand . . . :o:unsure::sun:

Screen%20Shot%202018-11-08%20at%207.57.1

I thought about adding all this to your thread, but I like that it is about the V85 motor.  I'm thinking we're going to be talking about this motor for quite some time! :thumbsup:

Apparently, no "road-going" V85 is presented at 2018 EICMA after all . . .

And this "LeMans" homage? Looks to be V9, not V85 . . .

Screen%20Shot%202018-11-08%20at%207.59.2

It's V7 III made by Guareschi Moto for the Fast Endurance series(five 60-minute races). 

I guess I was thinking the Guareschi V7 was a one-off custom. :huh2: This V7 looks to be displayed fronting an array of Moto Guzzi accessories leading me to believe I could turn my new V7 into that, with available parts?

pretty dumb to show a "sport bike" with a V7 motor.

I am guessing that the V85 engine might be in short supply.  Still, this motorcycle company is just plain nuts.  Hopefully, Guzzi will build a sporty bike and perhaps sport tourer 1400 some day.  But I am 64, so I ain't a-goin' a wait on 'em.

• Like 1

All in all, Moto Guzzi (Piaggio) came through well ahead of last year's EICMA display. I mean, there were even live people.

Not just a plastic camel and a tarp between fake trees . . .

Sure, I'm disappointed there was no "road-going" V85 as was hinted. But I am getting to like the tease.

("You like it now. But you'll learn to love it later.")

• Like 1