What have I done! 850t3

czakky

I don’t have possession yet, but it looks like a 77’ T3 is following me home. No pics yet, but it’ll be my zen cruiser with a big comfy seat and giant saddlebags. Needing a good amount of TLC.

The 2-3 year plan is to make a sidecar rig out of it. That is if my 3 year old daughter encourages me enough...

Any advice welcome.

The basic stuff checks out: chrome bores, etc.

• Like 1

Wow, adding another bike to your herd! Do you still have the Yamahaha two smoker?

Oh yeahattachicon.gif834B8C4C-CF16-4DA8-BA2D-733ABF42C4F2.jpeg

We have a long winter up here. Winter projects help.

Being an Englishman, a rapidly endangered species, I wondered what Wisconsin is like. Opened up Google Earth and found Wisconsin, at first I thought Google had superimposed a lat. Long. Grid on the map then realised it was roads. Truly amazing how the surveyors managed to mark that out. How do you move diagonally? Do you go along the top and then down or zig-zag across.

I could also see traces of snow in the ditches so now perhaps understand your winters.

Very different from our random roads:

Before the Romans came to Rye or out to Severn strode,

The rolling English Drunkard made the rolling English road.

(With apologies to G.K. Chesterton.)

• Like 1

Not the surveyors, the farmers. Most plots in the midwest are drawn out that way. Every once in a while an errant river or creek gets in the way.

On top of that you get the massive pivots that create circles inside the squares.

agriculture-aerial-view-of-center-pivot-

• Like 1

I don’t have possession yet, but it looks like a 77’ T3 is following me home. No pics yet, but it’ll be my zen cruiser with a big comfy seat and giant saddlebags. Needing a good amount of TLC.

The 2-3 year plan is to make a sidecar rig out of it. That is if my 3 year old daughter encourages me enough...

Any advice welcome.

The basic stuff checks out: chrome bores, etc.

How about a pic?

Sounds like more familiar countryside to me, Hampshire and Dorset, or Darzet as folk may say. But there is a strange fascination in those square plots.

Sorry to have gone off topic, MY T3 850 (now 950) is in bits but will soon come together after the Great Winter Rebuild.

• Like 1