What happened to that blue Guzzi that belonged to "Dave"?

al_roethlisberger

A comment in another thread reminded me of an interesting project from some years ago linked in the gallery below, that I've now seen in pieces on eBay for a while.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&album=117

gallery_4894_117_34424.jpg

Does anyone know what happened to this bike and "Dave"?  He hasn't logged in since 2015.

The tank on eBay looks pretty dinged up, so I hope it wasn't an accident that led to the bike's demise, or an injury to Dave.

I don;t remember Dave crashing the bike, but maybe the next guy. I also don't remember the frame on ebay.

That was no small feat to paint that frame and swingarm blue.

It also shows once again how nice these look with the side panels removed and the factory airbox gone so you can see the shock and spring. Farkle mod my ass...even if it does nothing for performance it does everything for the aesthetics. 

If it looks faster, it is faster :-)

VT4L

It also shows once again how nice these look with the side panels removed and the factory airbox gone so you can see the shock and spring. Farkle mod my ass...even if it does nothing for performance it does everything for the aesthetics. 

If it looks faster, it is faster :-)

VT4L

I don't disagree, but I go back and forth on this.... 

My bike has had the side covers and airbox removed forever, but at one point I had built an aluminum frame that allowed me to mount the side panels without the airbox.  And in that configuration one could still see the spring/shock through the "window"/dip in the side cover, and it looked pretty cool and sleek.  Without the airbox in the way, one can see a lot of more of what's all up in there through the "window"/dip.

One aesthetic benefit of the side cover is that it brings some continuity between the top of the "pork chop" to the tail piece, and hides (distracts attention from) some of the wiring harness running up the frame in that area.

So I've still got my framework somewhere, and my side panels stored safely if I want to go back and forth.

But yep, this was a really great looking project.  It's a shame its life was apparently so short  :(

• Like 1