How to Make a Fuel Supply Line - for External Pump

Scud

Good idea Docc! Thanks for the reminder, I'll go thru that and see if I missed anything. Some work has just been recently done also by Mike At MPH...the Chuck tips from Cedar Vale I had written down and a Roper plate was installed too.

Once I get some more free time I'll have it back to Mike to replace the Clutch/flywheel.

The good news is that perusing eBay shows plenty of 12mm fuel hose available mostly because it's used on your finer German automobiles.

For example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-325-1600-750iL-840Ci-850CSi-850i-M3-M5-Fuel-Hose-6-X-12-mm-High-Pressure/190865331010?epid=671265736&hash=item2c7075d342:g:LaEAAOSwwpdW3lVD&vxp=mtr

Those cars are fuel injected so it will be high pressure hose.

Still looking for braided hose that's not 1/2in. May be tougher.

That's good, and I found 12mm hose easily on Amazon too. I just figured that auto parts stores or speed shops would have it - but not the case. I think you can probably other sleeve and end-cap solutions too. Somebody must make a roll of braided stainless sleeve that fit over a 20mm OD hose - and you could use the same heat-shrink end caps that I used.

• 1 month later...

Hoses are sold out. I got 4 requests for the 3 remaining. I suppose I could make another batch if there is enough interest - but they are easy to make once you source the parts, so anybody could do it.

Five hoses "on backorder" between this thread and PMs. I'll order some stuff and make another batch - sending out the three remaining hoses tomorrow. The hoses are 230mm long (that's partly for my own reference for the next batch).

@ Bruce - shame that I didn't know you wanted two hoses. I could have brought them over last week and dropped them in the Australian post. They don't weigh much, so shipping from USA will still be reasonable.

• 11 months later...

Scud,  would you know if this is about the same as 5/16 line?

The reason I ask, is that I'd like to install a quick-disconnect and want to know if this will work

Thanks.

https://www.beemerboneyard.com/cpcqkdiscon1.html

Scud can chime in when he gets a chance, but the fuel supply line on the early V11 Sport is 12mm.

5/16" is just under 8mm.   That's undersized by almost 3/16" (4mm). I don't reckon that would work.

You'd be better with 1/2" line and connectors on the supply side even though that is very slighty oversized. Or source proper 12mm connectors for the OEM, or Scud-made, 12mm supply line.

Thanks Docc. 12mm or 1/2 in.

Man, I never guessed it was so big. 

I found one from Ali Express.  First the LED headlight and now this fuel connector.  

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12mm-OD-Barbs-Brass-Fuel-Line-Gas-Hose-Quick-Disconnect-Coupler-marine-pipe-fitting-for-boat/32706898383.html

• 11 months later...