Missing design study: faired green V11

docc

Alright, some of you have noticed I've been trying to update, clean-up, and re-link some of our archive threads about the origins of the V11. Thanks, again, to ScooRoo for raising a good question about who, at Moto Guzzi ,may have asked Luciano Marabese to pen the V11 Sport.  Those discussions are posted elsewhere:

Luciano Marabese / V11 Designer

V11 vs. Sport 1100

I have searched and searched (and searched and searched and searched!) for the design study drawing that depicted the early green V11 with a fairing (more "sporty" than the eventual V11 Lemans). 

Does anyone else remember this design study? :huh2:  I cannot find it anywhere. :blush:

• Like 1

Not exactly for what you are searching, and I think referenced but not linked in the other threads, but interesting:

http://archivio.animaguzzista.com/maestri/marabese/marabese.htm

I've seen a few quotes from the interview already, but for those that get into "which color is the best" debates, I think this quote below from Marabese ends the discussion (Note:  I do not have the chosen color, so no undue influence on my part  :rolleyes:  )

This (and again indicates the V11 over the glass) was made with passion and is beautiful with this color [green] and with the red frame. Ah, do not ask me an opinion on the colors that they have done later, okay? Or turn off the recorder ... You see, the Guzzi is also made of colors, traditions, spirit 'who does not understand this did not understand anything ... the motorcycle must be beautiful in the entirety, that tail' (of new tip the finger) when it is broken in two by a different color loses its beauty.

But to that point, my initial introduction in the late 90s to the V11 was green/red, and that's what caught my eye  B)

....although on the other hand, Marabese has said that the V11 Sport was inspired by the Gambalunghino, and though most of those seem to be all red, I've seen some with a silver body and red frame, and none I've seen were green.

So maybe the debate about which color combination isn't so settled  :whistle:

• Like 1

"This (and again indicates the V11 over the glass) was made with passion and is beautiful with this color [green] and with the red frame. Ah, do not ask me an opinion on the colors that they have done later, okay? Or turn off the recorder ... You see, the Guzzi is also made of colors, traditions, spirit 'who does not understand this did not understand anything ... the motorcycle must be beautiful in the entirety, that tail' (of new tip the finger) when it is broken in two by a different color loses its beauty."

Here's how I read this: the discussion takes place in the presence of a green one, which he loves, but credits passion and tradition, ...and design. His complaint seems to be with the "later" two tone tail piece, or the tail being a different color than the tank.

I wonder what color the 1100 Sport was originally designed with.

yeah, you know that Marabese designed the bike to be candy apple green with chevy red frame.  

the V11 Sport for sure. The 1100 Sport was only silver, red or black at introduction afaik. And all monotones throughout the line.

I finally found my link to that image went to Gregory Bender's "thisoldtractor" site, but the page is "Error 404." :(

It certainly does not come up on common searches on the web. I looked through guzzitech.dk, but still nothing.

This was a 3/4 view rendering, in color, from the right front of a green V11 with a full upper fairing. I had thought it actually said Marabese on it, but I don;t see it on any of their websites either.

It looked very much like Craig's beutiful Laverda 750 SFC fairing:

img_09771.jpg

Does anyone else recall this rendering? Any ideas how we might reference it again?

I don't remember posting it recently. It's not in my twenty pages of attachments and not on my hosted images on imgzeit.  Not in my Gallery.

And no where in any combination of google searches I've made.

Anyone know Gregory Bender that could ask him where it went?