JesterGrin_1

I have tried a few, this was the best one:

Cortech Super 2.0 Low Profile Tank Bag, see it here:

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19319&page=64

• Like 1

I have tried a few, this was the best one:

Cortech Super 2.0 Low Profile Tank Bag, see it here:

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19319&page=64

That Cortech looks pretty sharp, and is nice and low profile.

Since we have a plastic tank, the options are more limited.

But another interesting option is the Givi Tanklock, which is covered in this thread:

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17144&hl=givi

And as covered in post 31 from that thread:   https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17144&page=3&do=findComment&comment=217888

Yes the base plate on the bag is adjustable. It's currently set to position the bag as far forward as it can, so that leaves around 4" of adjustment to move it back. Incidentally givi don't list the tanklock ring for the V11, however the ring is the same as a triumph tiger 1050 and speed triple
  • Like 1

I have the Guzzi bag.  Greg Field sent me one that had the welt eaten out of it by some squirrels (anyway, that's the story).  I had it fixed at an upholstery shop for $50. It works great but it's quirky.  It zips from the front rather than the rear where the rider can open it and the map pocket is small and pinched.  But the mount fits right and I can easily unzip the bag to fill up the gas tank.  And it looks cool with Guzzi script.  I always have a map in it, tire plug kit, air pump, various tools, leathermen tool, allen wrenches, headlight bulb, fuses, relays, gloves, spray cleaner, rags, zip ties, hat, glasses, phone and  :rasta:  then I can expand it to really get some stuff in it.

Greg didn't want a dime for sending it to me and never cashed the check I sent him.

For sure it's the best option if you can find one.

• Like 1

Greg didn't want a dime for sending it to me and never cashed the check I sent him.

It's a shame all the Moto International original owners and staff have retired, and MI itself then shuttered after the new owners didn't maintain the same customer service and passion.

It's a shame all the Moto International original owners and staff have retired, and MI itself then shuttered after the new owners didn't maintain the same customer service and passion.

Or they actually looked at the books and decided they couldn’t make it work.

Or they actually looked at the books and decided they couldn’t make it work.

Heh, well I suppose that is possible too.  I just recall reading on another forum that the quality of service had drastically deteriorated after Dave and Greg were gone, and that the new owners were "just trading on the name and past reputation".  But I personally have no first hand knowledge.  

It's all academic though as MI is now out of business entirely.

Time moves on, things change.... it was good while we had 'em  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I have no personal relationship with Greg Field.  Just stating frankly how I acquired the bag.  Wouldn't know him if was walking in the front door.

If you have a chance to get a factory bag, I would do that.  There is nothing better than a magnetic tank bag IMO.  Not an option with a plastic (or aluminum) gas tank.