Fifteenth South'n Spine Raid 2019

It occurred to me to post something about the "ride plan" for Saturday. There is not one :glare:  . . .

Good news, is that there will be numerous "ride plans" and routes that center on "squad" size groups (solo to six?).  Y'all might hatch these plans right here on the thread, amongst one another, or at the Friday gathering. In recent SpineRaids, the smaller groups have worked swimmingly and made the Saturday evening gathering a lively time of sharing stories of the road and places and experiences.

So, have look at some mapping and routing resources, get in with like riders and enjoy the area. It has much to offer for our "style" of riding!

Me? I'm going the mile into town for ice cream . . . :whistle:

I'm thinkin' I might trailer in and bring the Aermacchi... just for some fun with the young noobs on the tail.

"Aermacchi" can mean more than one thing . . .

AERMACCHIARTBNR1-motoress.com-MOTORESS-8

1023053-large.jpg

All most welcome! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I keep inviting some ethereal, but very cool, cat from Varsseveld - NL  :sun:

I'm not naming any names, but his initials are : Jaap Veldhorst . . . :whistle:

There would be no Spine Raid (anywhere) without him!  :notworthy:  Our Chief Whip:thumbsup::mg:

Thanks! If I win the national lottery this evening, I'll buy me a V11, and fly the bike and me business class to the States to meet you all!

• Like 4

That said (it had to be said), one of my highest hopes this year is that some member(s) from North Carolina will actually make it west across The Divide (not THE GREAT DIVIDE, just the wee Appalachian one . . .)

I suppose Spine Raiders have crossed into North Carolina, and back west,  maybe eleven of the last fourteen SSR, but no one from North Carolina has ever graced the times.

I recall that Tim Hayes and his wife, Bonnie, from Spruce Pine, N.C., came to two SSR's -- Vonore and Newport.

Bill

That said (it had to be said), one of my highest hopes this year is that some member(s) from North Carolina will actually make it west across The Divide (not THE GREAT DIVIDE, just the wee Appalachian one . . .)

I suppose Spine Raiders have crossed into North Carolina, and back west,  maybe eleven of the last fourteen SSR, but no one from North Carolina has ever graced the times.

I recall that Tim Hayes and his wife, Bonnie, from Spruce Pine, N.C., came to two SSR's -- Vonore and Newport.

Bill

Ah! Bravo! I did not know where Tim was from. I remember them very well!

I hope this does not diffuse the coercion being applied to Al and Orson! :grin:

That was a hasty post, I just caught that after spending the day on my "other bike."

Rolled over 50,000 miles on my 1990 Honda GB500 today while chasing another ('89) right at the ton.  What a great day! :race: :race:

IMG_7642.jpg

Check out your reflection in the chrome bolt!

So, "weekend after Labor Day", which makes it September 7 & 8.  

Well, in theory that's possible, and is certainly plenty of notice.  I'll pencil it in  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I keep inviting some ethereal, but very cool, cat from Varsseveld - NL  :sun:

I'm not naming any names, but his initials are : Jaap Veldhorst . . . :whistle:

There would be no Spine Raid (anywhere) without him!  :notworthy:  Our Chief Whip:thumbsup::mg:

Thanks! If I win the national lottery this evening, I'll buy me a V11, and fly the bike and me business class to the States to meet you all!

Jaap, have you been back out to the US since that RV tour you did about 15 years ago where I met you for dinner out in San Francisco?

• Like 1

That fork nut reflection was a total surprise. You can see Goofman standing vigil over my left shoulder. :thumbsup: Serendipity at its best!

ef7e51bb-0ca0-4665-9cbe-e8c99df55126.jpg

Yeah, Sept. 6-8, 2019 (kicks off on Friday, although some arrive earlier than that, even) . . .

• Like 1

If you get there early in the week the roads are almost empty, no yahoos

Are you possibly suggesting that when Raiders arrive, the yahoo count goes up?   :grin:

Bill

• Like 1