Fifteenth South'n Spine Raid 2019

10 hours ago, docc said:

Only true SpineRaiders will cherish a ten minute video of a Guzzi Sport idling. Even the dude on the balcony broke into a sweat about minute-6 and had to go in for more Vodka . . . :blink:

On my sound system, the tympani and timing sounds like an underwater Brazilian percussion band with occasional fly-overs from a Stearman bi-plane . . .

:food:  :race:   :grin:

LOL I did not review them before uploading! 
I deleted that one- if anyone wants a copy PM me lol

• Sad 1

One of the aspects of the happenstance formula of the current South'n Spine Raid is the serendipity of coming across other SpineRaiders unexpectedly.

Like fueling up halfway there and some magnificent V11 (doslemans) rolls in to our delight!

IMG_9564.jpg

• Like 3

So, we are in Pennsylvania now — yes, I’m on a Guzzi, my V7, but here for a truck-camper rally; no, we don't have one of those.

Still, having a very fine time doing things such as this:

i-Rb495Wz-L.jpg

But, I post this because I finally cobbled together SSR pix into a slideshow.  

Here they are:

If you are terminally bored, also just finished these of two other recent Guzzi trips:

[V7 III] https://bill-and-kathi.smugmug.com/Erie-Ride-to-Zanyville-2019/n-mCD4B8

[Griso] https://bill-and-kathi.smugmug.com/Three-Guzzis-Go-to-Erie-More-Aug-2019/n-N4ZVB4/

Bill

P.S. If you care and haven't already figured this out, you can see captions by moving cursor over the individual pix. Some are truncated, so if you really care you can go to full-screen slideshow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2019 at 9:15 PM, docc said:

Only true SpineRaiders will cherish a ten minute video of a Guzzi Sport idling. Even the dude on the balcony broke into a sweat about minute-6 and had to go in for more Vodka . . . :blink:

On my sound system, the tympani and timing sounds like an underwater Brazilian percussion band with occasional fly-overs from a Stearman bi-plane . . .

:food:  :race:   :grin:

Man, I could use a top off just reading it.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2019 at 9:58 PM, Pressureangle said:

Sew...

I just bulk uploaded a bunch of video to YouTube. The files ending in 'F' are the front camera, 'R' rear camera. Some of it is typically boring, following minivans etc. Some are ok. There's Cherohala, Tail, and hwy 22 south in there, as well as Ballpark road going North. Better than Judge Judy for background noise, I guess. 

Spine Raid footage

It was interesting how everyone behind you seemed to get smaller as you rode.  :race:

Bill

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Entertaining the idea of participating in you good folks SSR for 2020

Would or could someone forward dates/location and maybe even some interesting routes heading down from the Vancouver area.

Thx in advance.   Ciao

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Twin AH said:

Would or could someone forward dates/location and maybe even some interesting routes heading down from the Vancouver area.

Thx in advance.   Ciao

Docc, don't we need to his references first?  :D

Seriously, Twin, "Pressureangle" has made that trip your way from SSR, so he undoubtedly has super suggestions about routes, etc.  

Bill

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Twin AH said:

Thx in advance.   Ciao

Typically it's the first weekend after Labor Day at the Telico  Plains  Lodge . 

It's pretty easy for the Lodge to fill up even with a 8 or 10 Guzzi riders.   

Routes from Vancouver?  BC?  c'mon, the entire  continent?  

• Like 1

Very well.... Have travelled a bit from here to the Arizona state area a few times and was superb.

Will play with google maps and see what happens.

You boys all have a good winter and thx for all.

Ciao

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Twin AH said:

Very well.... Have travelled a bit from here to the Arizona state area a few times and was superb.

Will play with google maps and see what happens.

You boys all have a good winter and thx for all.

Ciao

This is a great resource.  

https://www.motorcycleroads.com/

Pressure angle is all modest in his "confused" note to my referring to him as a resource, but see this thread in which he gave me all kinds of great counsel about a trip (I did not take yet, darn it) from here at the top of Virginia to family in Seattle:

That may be more northerly than you (Twin AH) might choose, but it's a start and grist for winter thinking. 

And, if you are this way -- the top of Virginia -- you have a free room at the Moto Grappa and company for the ride down to the SSR.  :race:

Bill

• Like 1