Fifteenth South'n Spine Raid 2019

Absolutely awesome Fifteenth South'n Spine Raid!   :notworthy:   All-y'all are just amazing ! Looking forward to hearing everyone check in "home safe" . . . :thumbsup:

The Sport ran superbly, giving only various little quibbles to mess with me. But I am thinking I've got me wrench back after traveling over the Appalachian Divide and back. Twice! . . .

arrive chiave! :luigi:

IMG_9666.jpg

• Like 1

Haha!  I wondered who would spot that fractional combination wrench . . . ^_^

On my last shakedown ride before this SpineRaid, I spotted it in the road next to my office and scooped it up as more of a talisman. :luigi:

You're awesome, Andy! Frikkin' so cool your V11 rolled 200.000 km on this SpineRaid. And that you were at SpineRaidOne with that same V11! :mg:
IMG_9639.jpg

• Like 1

And another awesome story that doslemans spotted an oil leak from a blown valve cover gasket, came back to The Lodge Paddock and swapped in a fresh one since he carries spares! :luigi:   :thumbsup:

"Are you frikkin' kiddin' me !?!?" :grin:

IMG_9650.jpg

• Like 1

may be a only a few attend this but knowledge and friendship shared is top notch. gonna take me a couple days to recuperate. Friday tech session was mentioned about leaking valve covers which I stated had never happened to me so guess what. On water fall loop I had oil all over my left boot and bike.  Knowing this bunch of guys checked tightness on cover screws and all were tight.  Cut ride short and returned to lodge and waited till engine cooled. Sure enough, left valve cover gasket was split.  Always carried spares thinking someone else may need them, not me. Replaced and no leak coming home today.  Great event!

• Like 2

I would like to thank my Team. These rides are not easy. People say, "Did you have fun?"  They will never understand there is so much more to this than "fun."

There is excellence and quality. Camaraderie and teamwork . . .

IMG_9580.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

IMG_20190907_192029794.jpg

You smell that? Do you smell that?.... non-ethanol gasoline, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.

I love the smell of gasoline in the morning. 

You know, one time we bombed the Cherohala Skyway, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked into the garage. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole garage. Smelled like... victory.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

^^^^^^^

THAT is funny!  :D

And a nice pic, too. :thumbsup:

We are at my brother’s home In Hiawassee. Will head nawth to home on Wed. Will try to post some pix soon.

We had a fine time at the SSR XV!

B&K

• Like 1