Registering US bikes in the EU

guzziownr

I would like to visit Europe and ride around for a while including a visit to Mandello. I would prefer to do it on a Guzzi and have been calculating the economics. If i brought a bike over from the US could I sell it in the EU? What hurdles would the buyer have to overcome? In the US importing older bikes is much easier.

TIA DW

I would like to visit Europe and ride around for a while including a visit to Mandello. I would prefer to do it on a Guzzi and have been calculating the economics. If i brought a bike over from the US could I sell it in the EU? What hurdles would the buyer have to overcome? In the US importing older bikes is much easier.

TIA DW

Here in the UK, where a model is also imported direct here, your machine would be known as a grey import and not too difficult with the help of the UK clubs dating officer. The issue comes when insuring it, as grey imports tend to suffer a surcharge. This is because of the extra complications of territorial variances. I would guess the US versions run with indicators on as running lamps and only flash to turn. The UK version doesn't so in an insurance claim unexpected components may be required adding to administration and parts cost, and time delays while non UK parts are imported.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Daniel Kalal travels everywhere and rents Guzzis.   I would bet he's done more than a couple of dozen trips in Europe.  He rents Guzzis from Agostini in Mandello.  He's rented  Stelvios and ridden to Scandinavia, Eastern Europe as far west as the Azores Canary Islands and Ireland.  

https://www.agostinimandello.com/

http://www.dankalal.net/

" I would guess the US versions run with indicators on as running lamps and only flash to turn." US bikes are the same as yours, only flash to turn. For British roads I imagine that the headlight would be different with the cut-off to the other side.

Renting from Agostini is an option...