Triple tree or headstock pin front stand compatible with Le Mans?

al_roethlisberger

We've had tons of workshop stand threads over the years, and the general consensus is that the factory mid/rear stand works pretty well as general "center stand" solution for keeping the bike vertical and raising the rear wheel.  And it actually keeps mostly out of the way.

But lifting the front isn't handled very well, even with the factory "spool" that comes with the workshop stand.

There are a lot of universal front fork lifts, but that doesn't allow one easy access to the wheel, forks and brakes.

So I was wondering if anyone has found a front "headstock pin" or "triple tree" stand that works with the Le Mans, it's fits the head stock bolt, clears the fairing, etc?

An example of what I'm referring to:

https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Motorcycle-Triple-Headlift-Kawasaki/dp/B00CX7L1LA

I never have tried one of those for stands. Do you have the factory stand already? If so, you can get a platform jack for less - and it's way smaller and more versatile. To remove the front wheel, I use the factory stand, then lift under the engine with the platform jack. Super easy and stable.

I never have tried one of those for stands. Do you have the factory stand already? If so, you can get a platform jack for less - and it's way smaller and more versatile. To remove the front wheel, I use the factory stand, then lift under the engine with the platform jack. Super easy and stable.

Yep, I do, and that's what I typically do as well.

But I was curious about these as it gets completely out of your way if working on many things at once.

With the shop stand and platform, it's harder to work on some of the middle of the bike.

So was just curious if anyone has tried one of the head stock stands.  Seems clever.

I have had Pit Bull front and rear stands since before the turn of the Century. :oldgit: I had to mod the pin on the front stand for the Centauro, but it fits the V11S, too. Unfortunately, I can't use the rear because of the plastic covers on the swing arm. 

• Like 1