She didn't start before she started

LowRyter

Sounding like "stacked tolerances." Cleaning (CRC Electronics Cleaner), treating (Caig DeOxit), and re-seating all the connections (fuses, relays, battery terminal stack . . . switches, every connector!) is all good method. :thumbsup:  (NO silicon "dielectric" grease, please! :o )

Nothing (absolutely nothing) works like Caig DeOxit. The Spanish Fly of electrical systems . . . B)

Battery health of the AGM Odyssey PC545 is complex, but critical. Sure, a PC545 at 50% (12.5v) can still crank your V11, but stacked with a series of marginal connections and it's *click-click-click*, or just the Brown-Out.  I have seen, personally, Trickle Charger Death of the Odyssey. The charge just does not go deep enough into the "pure lead" plates. The manufacturer (EnerSys Odyssey) is adamant about this.

Even a cheap voltmeter can be revealing if you record those five voltage states I posted.

taking this deOxit advise and stocking up. a cleaner and a treatment? they make so many products. even the 'gold' Cliff recommends has varying applications. what's a basic kit to get?

The multitude of their products stopped me from using it for a long, long time. The Gold has served me well both on the V11 and my music and sound equipment (guitar, tube amp, PA, mics, etc).  I clean with CRC Electronics Cleaner first, but only to minimize how much DeOxit I use.  Frankly, they are both pricey.  But no comparison on outcomes.

What :notworthy: Chuck sez ^

Sounding like "stacked tolerances." Cleaning (CRC Electronics Cleaner), treating (Caig DeOxit), and re-seating all the connections (fuses, relays, battery terminal stack . . . switches, every connector!) is all good method. :thumbsup:  (NO silicon "dielectric" grease, please! :o )

Nothing (absolutely nothing) works like Caig DeOxit. The Spanish Fly of electrical systems . . . B)

Battery health of the AGM Odyssey PC545 is complex, but critical. Sure, a PC545 at 50% (12.5v) can still crank your V11 (usually), but stacked with a series of marginal connections, or low ambient temperatures, and it's *click-click-click*, or just the Brown-Out.  I have seen, personally, Trickle Charger Death of the Odyssey. Low voltage/low amperage charging just does not go deep enough into the "pure lead" plates. The manufacturer (EnerSys Odyssey) is adamant about this.

Even a cheap voltmeter can be revealing if you record those five voltage states I posted. Even if you have a non-Odyssey AGM, those voltage measures can be helpful.

I could use some Spanish fly but instead, I'll run the voltmeter over the battery  I recall you've warned me that I shouldn't use a trickle charger with a mat battery.   It did start right away, strong    And ran all afternoon.  Then magically started after it would't start.  

An old friend long ago told me that he was allergic to electricity.  I might be too.

voltmeter sez  12.68 v

Then magically started after it would't start.  

Ok, like czakky said.. that is most likely the two bullet connectors on the left side of the steering head. It's 18 freakin years old, and they are probably corroded. Take the tank off, pull them apart, squirt em with some DeOxit, put em together, wiggle them around.. oh, you know.. :ninja:

On many V11, you can "just" get to those bullet connectors with the tank in place. Much harder with the faired LeMans, but they may be pretty easily serviced on a Sport.

LongFrame RossoCorsa (faired like a V11LeMans) :

DSCN1472.jpg