Moto GP COTA (12 April)

LowRyter

It looks like a couple of us are crossing the Red River into the Baja towards Austin for the big race.  Perhaps following into Kerrville and  theTwisted Sisters.  

Still planning on doing the Guzzi-Spineframe meet up at the Euro Raid  in Harrison Ark end of May.

Inquiring minds might be interested.  

• Like 1

I'll be there for the sixth consecutive time !!  I ride in from Arizona.  I'll be on my BMW K1600BGA.  It would be nice to bring the Scura, because it would grant me entry onto the Ducati Island, but I Iron Butt the ride home and 1000 on the Scura in a day would be a bit much.

You can find me on the grass on the west side of the tower, on Turn 18.

Anybody but Marquez !!

I'll be there for the sixth consecutive time !!  I ride in from Arizona.  I'll be on my BMW K1600BGA.  It would be nice to bring the Scura, because it would grant me entry onto the Ducati Island, but I Iron Butt the ride home and 1000 on the Scura in a day would be a bit much.

Anybody but Marquez !!

That's interesting, I rode the Scura up and didn't get to bring it into Ducati Island...I presume this is a benefit then only for the corner workers, not the general populace?  

Hard to see who is going to dethrone Marquez....he's the King of COTA!

Anybody but Marquez !!

I am returning after 3 years.  This will hex Marquez.  He's done.   :rasta:

Scura from AZ?  Heck I rode the Greenie all way to the Spine Frame Raid and North Carolina.  The Sport and Scura should be more fun in Kerrville.

I think we're watching in Turn 1 on race day, so screw the Ducks.  We'll just get tickets when we get there. 

Stay in touch and we'll figure it out.  Looking at Extended Stay America on 290 or maybe Rodeway there, always looking for hotel suggestions in gouge-town Austin.

When you buy your tickets (must pre-buy over phone from COTA), you ask for the Ducati Island Package.  I personally buy the BMW cycle corral package, which includes seats, the lot C (close) parking, swag bag, and track laps.  There's a cycle corral package for each major manufacturer. Any Italian bike is welcome on the Ducati Island package.  The Ducati island package is basically the same as the other cycle corral packages with the exception of being able to park on the Ducati island (grassy area near the amphitheater) and Ducati hospitality tent.

I'm lucky, my best riding bud lives in Austin a few miles from the track.  I do know that they JACK up the prices of hotels for the event weekend and they get crazy expensive.  The further north you go in town, the better the prices are.

As for track workers, the island is not a track worker perk.  I did do track work two years ago, as a flagger in Turn 11.  It was a lot of fun but also a LOT of work.  6AM-5PM days. There is a website you can sign up on if you want to do it.  I had zero prior experience when I signed up.  The only decent perk of track work is you get to watch the races from inside the fence.

http://msreg.com/motogp2019

I never buy tix in advance and don't care for the Stadium Section and Duc Island.  I prefer Turn 1 which has it's own parking lot.  Best view IMO.

Probably will get gen adm for Friday and Saturday and get Turn 1 for raceday.  Just depends on what deals i can find.

Go to Lockhart for BBQ after practice.  

Anybody but Marquez !!

That's interesting, I rode the Scura up and didn't get to bring it into Ducati Island...I presume this is a benefit then only for the corner workers, not the general populace?  

Hard to see who is going to dethrone Marquez....he's the King of COTA!

looks like Darren will be coming with me on the Griso.  We're planning to do the Sisters following week. 

Already contact Austin Mike.  Are you headed there Paul?

I'm definitely planning to ride up on Sunday morning, and I could do a Black's run after the race if you guys want to, unfortunately the week after, I have to travel for work, so I can't join in the fun with the Twisted Sisters..