Moto GP COTA (12 April)

LowRyter

Well...there's nothing written in stone that you have to watch the race from the same spot, right?  You can always meet up after the race...so each can park and watch from wherever is good...

Looks like we worked it out.  We intend to get Duc Island tickets in T1 (includes lunch, parking, zip line, swag, pace lap for my Duc).  That's a $30-50 premium over seat + parking.  Consider there's no food or drink allowed and the prices for concessions are through the moon- ready parking to the bike stash is worth it alone.

For now, Mike in Austin, Darren and I will be in Duc Isl.  Darren and I are staying at the Rodeway, the only cheap motel in town (BTW- stay away from Motel 6). 

• 1 month later...

Darren and I haven't got tickets yet but we're planning to be in T1 grandstands with another Guzzi rider (MJP on Wild).

T18-19 are right at the ticket booth entrance.  That little complex is where all the wrecks happen.   I remember seeing Marquez flung off there the first year during practice.  we'll try to figure out some kind of meet-up or dinner.  Perhaps BBQ at Kreitz or Blacks down in Lockhart on Saturday before the Hand Built show?

I'll be riding up Sunday morning...will probably hit Blacks on the way out of town after the race with my friend Tom who will be there on his Stelvio...

No tickets available at turn 1, but was able to get a ticket at Turn 15...

I'll probably wander over to Turn 1 during the practice sessions...will see if I can find you John there before the start of the race.  

Cheers.

Darren and me will be in Sec 4 turn 1 grandstands.  Mike in Austin is one row back.

There are still T1 tickets on Vivid, I just checked- discounted.  COTA pretty well sux doing tickets and hospitality.  

Paul, PM with cell,   we'll work it out.

You guys are amazing braving this event. I have a buddy going for the first time and I warned him about the food and water . . . 

(worse than Barber Vintage Festival!) . . .

beers must be a thousand dollars!  :blink:

docc- I think $8 -12 for (shorty) beer.  You can get  *free*  water to fill your bottle.  I went to first day of first Moto GP and they took a 5 year old's PP&J.  The kid was on special diet. True.

You can bring anything into Barber: booze, food, contraband.  I've camped there 3 times.  I think they were doing drunken motorcycle jousting one night -at least I was told, I have no memory of it.

• Haha 1

All-y'all have to be getting really excited!  :race::race::race::race:

:bier:   :drink: