Moto GP COTA (12 April)

LowRyter

Yep, leaving this evening for my 7th trek across AZ,NM,TX to Austin for MotoGP.  Going to Lordsburg tonight. Thursday I will ride up through Silver City, then over the Black Range (Gila) Mountains through Hilldale, down to Las Cruces, past White Sands and finally up the Sacramento Mountains to Timberon, NM. I will spend the afternoon visiting with friends there.  Friday it will be a long slog from Cloudcroft, NM to Austin by way of Lamesa, Big Spring and San Angelo.  Saturday has a high chance of rain in Austin, so hopefully I'll get to see some racing. Hand Built Motorcycle show Saturday night and maybe some BBQ in Lockhart.  After the main event Sunday, I head west to Fort Stockton and Monday finish of the run back to Mesa.
Hopefully someone other than Marc Marquez will win the big race.
I'll post up pix as I go.

Had a great weekend at MotoGP and it was nice to have a race that wasn't over by turn 1 of lap 1.   Very unusual crash for Marquez, I wonder if his traction control system failed somehow.

Did not get hooked up with LowRyter, some sort of cellular disorder.

Took a ton of pix at the hand built show, I'm going to post those on another forum, and I'll put a link to it here when done.

• Thanks 1

Nice pics...looks like you had a fun ride out and back on the Beemer.

Was indeed a fun day at the races on Sunday...had a much shorter ride than you did...only 150 miles from Houston to Austin on the Griso.

Perfect day at the track, good race and a nice ride up and back!

Guzzi tent was quite nicely stocked too with new bikes, the V85 and quite a few lookers.

Can't wait for Formula 1 now in NOvember back at COTA!

• 2 weeks later...