IGNORED

V11 Engine Hot Rodding advice

Kuni0

17 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

F9CED04F-352E-45FE-BC00-4AA74FE4F948.jpeg

F5234DDC-81BA-48A9-95F3-062F36036D76.jpeg

...which I’ve been experimenting with on my own bikes. 
There’s power gains to be had absolutely - but the increased NVH harshness levels put me off for now. I don’t get how to knock back the ECU timing to compensate which might help - so with my V11 I’ll return again to this later when able to do so. Not willing to access more power at the expense of more harshness.

However, with my V50 Monza the prechamber ignition gives it much more noticeable verve & impetus with just a nice corresponding thrum thru the handlebars. The Monza feels like it’s kinda more awake & willing to rev to redline.

Images?

Ciao

10 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Images?

Ciao

DF66C2AB-4A3C-40EB-8B85-BEB3A0D7B7F7.jpeg
Here you go LP

I believe the one you’re after is below...

7EC3FD73-F349-4010-99AC-DDEEF807D2B5.jpeg

One of the (many) ways I view passive prechamber ignition - is it’s like having the ability of changing the combustion chamber shape in order to improve flame front deflagration efficiencies

...without changing the shape of the combustion chamber!

In otherwords - it removes one negative of the hemi chamber shape - whilst keep its benefits.
Too strong & harsh tho.

Although I’m not yet satisfied that - some or much - of the NVH harshness I’ve experienced isn’t simply because ignition is in effect too advanced for the PPI characteristics

Yet with the smaller capacity Heron head Monza - from say 3500-4000 rpm it’s just like boost coming on strong & unleashed it really ups & flys compared to its normal character imo.

1 hour ago, ScuRoo said:

DF66C2AB-4A3C-40EB-8B85-BEB3A0D7B7F7.jpeg
Here you go LP

I believe the one you’re after is below...

7EC3FD73-F349-4010-99AC-DDEEF807D2B5.jpeg

One of the (many) ways I view passive prechamber ignition - is it’s like having the ability of changing the combustion chamber shape in order to improve flame front deflagration efficiencies

...without changing the shape of the combustion chamber!

In otherwords - it removes one negative of the hemi chamber shape - whilst keep its benefits.
Too strong & harsh tho.

Although I’m not yet satisfied that - some or much - of the NVH harshness I’ve experienced isn’t simply because ignition is in effect too advanced for the PPI characteristics

Yet with the smaller capacity Heron head Monza - from say 3500-4000 rpm it’s just like boost coming on strong & unleashed it really ups & flys compared to its normal character imo.

I meant images of the modifications to your bike.

Ciao