Remove Injectors - Stuck Injectors

antmanbee

Well I got my V11 all back together but it wont start.

It cranks fine, fuel pump pressurizes, got spark but no fuel.

If I squirt a little fuel into the manifold balance fittings, it fires.

My diagnosis is stuck injectors, as the bike only has 5800 miles and has been sitting for a decade or more.

The tank looked clean but was completely dry.

My question is are there any tips for getting the injectors out? There are two flat head Allen head bolts that are extremely tight for each injector and I am afraid to put more torque on them.

Or any way to un-stick them without removing them?

Or is my diagnosis wrong?

• Thanks 1

Try disconnecting the fuel hose at the regulator at the RH side of the tank. You should get a squirt of fuel out of the hose every time you turn on the key. If not, you have a supply problem. Tank valve, pump, filter, kinked hose. If you do decide to remove the injectors, you could try this: https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18805&page=18&do=findComment&comment=215324

• Thanks 1

That looks like a handy way to clean the injectors. I might try and build something similar.

I didn't measure the supply, but I do have good pressure because when I go to remove the fuel line at the regulator it squirts a lot of high pressure fuel out as I remove the hose.

I would like to figure out a way to fix it in situ. Maybe tapping the pin with something to free it and with some solvent.

You can get a "noid light " and test for pulse . If you have pulse tap on the injector with a screwdriver handle to try to shock it loose . I have a Kent-Moore injector pulse generator if you want to borrow it to help pulse the injector while you tap on the injector .  If you do get it to run , it would benefit you to get the injectors tested and cleaned .

If the fuel system was completely dry, it may take awhile to prime. 

Even when I take the tank off and let the lines empty in a catch can,

it can be a pain. Mine just doesn't like it.

15-20 times -key on -key off  and it still won't start. Very similar to a vapor lock 

situation without the back fire. Somehow it still ends up with a big ol air bubble in 

there somewhere.

i say the injectors are fine - keep trying to prime it - let us know 

andy

• Like 1

antmanbee have you got to the bottom of your problem yet? I had a similar problem when I refitted my tank recently, fuel pump made all the right sounds, just wouldn't start. I cycled the kill switch a few times every thing sounded good to go it just wouldn't fire at all. Given the fact the bike had always been a good starter even after long periods of not being used this was puzzling. I checked for spark using a spare plug, no problem there. After this I disconnected the fuel return line as recommended by MartyNZ then the obvious was plain to see, I simply had not opened the tap. Yeah I know.....

Rob

• Haha 1

It's Alive!!!

Tonight I had some time after work so I went out to the bike with my laptop and ran Guzzidiag. One of the actors is injector test for L and R. 

I already had the inner rubber manifolds off so I had a good view of the injector tips. I tested the injectors a couple of dozen times until I had a nice puff of fuel mist from each.

At first nothing had come out.

I also thoroughly flushed the fuel line and bled it from the lowest point and then at the regulator until I had a steady stream.

Put it all back together and it fired first time.

I wont have a chance to take it out on the road till the weekend, but I will report back again.

Thanks for all the great suggestions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If the fuel system was completely dry, it may take awhile to prime. 

Even when I take the tank off and let the lines empty in a catch can,

it can be a pain. Mine just doesn't like it.

15-20 times -key on -key off  and it still won't start. Very similar to a vapor lock 

situation without the back fire. Somehow it still ends up with a big ol air bubble in 

there somewhere.

i say the injectors are fine - keep trying to prime it - let us know 

andy

It's Alive!!!

Tonight I had some time after work so I went out to the bike with my laptop and ran Guzzidiag. One of the actors is injector test for L and R. 

I already had the inner rubber manifolds off so I had a good view of the injector tips. I tested the injectors a couple of dozen times until I had a nice puff of fuel mist from each.

At first nothing had come out.

I also thoroughly flushed the fuel line and bled it from the lowest point and then at the regulator until I had a steady stream.

Put it all back together and it fired first time.

I wont have a chance to take it out on the road till the weekend, but I will report back again.

Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Outstanding, antmanbee! :thumbsup:

From experience, I can say that Andy will work for > Liquido Speciale . . . :grin:

IMG_2737.jpg

yes    it is a very special tool. Always to be used with care !!

Glad you got it running 

on a different note....I could swear mine was fuel injected but this sure looks like gas spooge :homer:

post-132-0-04344400-1549432484_thumb.jpg

Dang. That looks like the same funky spooge that keeps showing up under my Sport.  :bbblll:

I kept coming back to the crankcase vent return line, and *maybe* it had issues, too. :huh2:

Yet, I isolated the tip of the tank vent after the nasty spooge returned and installed a spooge bag over the tank vent. Lo and behold: captured spooge!

IMG_7794.jpg