Remove Injectors - Stuck Injectors

antmanbee

I think the shaft seals on the butterflies are shot ...oh well 

guess this should be a new thread 

didn't mean to highjack

All good. Pretty sure your insight got antmanbee running. :thumbsup:

But, yeah, need a new thread on "Gas Spooge." :wacko:

I can't seem to get mine to stop!  WTH? :angry2:

For sure, cycling the injectors off and on several times without starting it will make the throttle bodies leak at the shaft. 

This is absolutely true. Moto Guzzi replaced my entire throttle body/injector assembly for this drip point, but my excellent dealer taught me that even running it briefly, say to show off or enjoy the beautiful sound, would dribble the throttle body shafts.  When it was new, I started it up like that A LOT. :food:

Can't figure out how this spooge purges from the tank vent only after it has sat, sometimes for days and days. I took the discussion back over to the Crankcase Vent Return Line thread since I've been trying to solve it that way.

• 5 months later...
On 7/17/2019 at 9:24 PM, Mikko said:

You can have your injectors cleaned, balanced and calibrated with a before & after print out for $57 + shipping

https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/Store/c/fuel-injector-cleaning/p/cleaning-service-for-side-feed-galley-feed-injectors

We have “Side Feed injectors”...when I get her home, that’s one thing on the list. Along with the much maligned throttle body bore..I may have these guys do both.

The std V11 doesnt have "side feed" injectors those are on the Centauro and Daytonas.

Ciao

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mikko said:

Oh? what kind of injectors are equipped n a V11?  Don't much matter, they are getting pulled and rebuilt regardless of feed preference.

Green top feed Bosch, cant remember off hand the flow rate but greater than the top feed red Bosch. The green side feed are also of greater flow rate than the green top feed. The side flow injectors are not only greater flow but also give cleaner and simplified plumbing and dont have the highly delicate feed hose connectors for which parts arent readily available any more.

Ciao