2019 The One Moto Show

swooshdave

I have only missed one of these over the 10 years. I can't believe I didn't go to the first one, my cousin called me from the show and I was like, meh... Needless to say I haven't missed one since.

• Like 3

This whole modernist phenomenon of "motorcycles as art" or "sculpture" thing kind of offends me. It would if it was "airplanes as art" as well.The real talent is to design and build something beautiful and what could be described as a work of art whilst making it dynamically superior. Form and function in perfect harmony at a high level. 

Old dungers with cut off guards and polished bits with magnetos hanging out in the breeze and a look of obvious and total unrideability is just a vacuous wast of time for mine.

Ciao 

• Like 1

Dave,

Thanks for sharing your visit with us. I do not expect to see the ordinary when I visit Portland Oregon.

The BMW K100 with its polished aluminum tank reminded me of seeing my trusty K100 RT turned into a streetfighter last year.

He asked me how I knew it was my old bike. It wasn't difficult to spot my seat, back rest and rack, stainless steel muffler, saddlebags, and working Motometer instrument cluster with 175,000 km piled in the corner of his garage.

He had the tank off and was diving into "junction city" trying to wire up a cheapo Chinese instrument pod with its 25 wire leads. 

I just told him that I can recognize my bikes and others, too.

HB1

PS If you would like to post the video of previous shows, I am sure that there would be many who would appreciate seeing them.

PS If you would like to post the video of previous shows, I am sure that there would be many who would appreciate seeing them.

I didn't make videos of all the years. :-)

But here's a playlist of the ones I did make.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDOURUXhbxo2zKyHbPLHr8HncDl1ukuY-

Bonus points if you can tell me which year my bike was in the show.  :ninja:

This whole modernist phenomenon of "motorcycles as art" or "sculpture" thing kind of offends me. It would if it was "airplanes as art" as well.The real talent is to design and build something beautiful and what could be described as a work of art whilst making it dynamically superior. Form and function in perfect harmony at a high level. 

Old dungers with cut off guards and polished bits with magnetos hanging out in the breeze and a look of obvious and total unrideability is just a vacuous wast of time for mine.

Ciao

The " ________ Is Art" hooplah is merely the hipster way of trying to promote and build value to something so they can try to charge the exorbitant prices for stuff. Works for some, not all...

If it were not for these 'garage built' bikes, and the history, people, and passion behind them, the only thing in the Mfg showrooms today would be dirt bikes, repli-racers, and touring. What a boring world. I welcome them, ugly and stupid as some may be. They foster new blood, new culture, and excitement. Chopper, bobber, brat, street fighter, street tracker, scrambler, cafe,... all from some greasy guys just wanting to have something different and cool. :rasta:

I love these shows and I miss out on too many. Dave ...please keep up the superb coverage from the great northwest. Apparently a very enthusiastic and historied motorcycle crowd. I wish it were half that here.

(if we had a soapbox emoji, I'd insert here)

• Like 3

Ciao

The " ________ Is Art" hooplah is merely the hipster way of trying to promote and build value to something so they can try to charge the exorbitant prices for stuff. Works for some, not all...

These bikes are no different that show cars or any other display of things polished to an extreme degree. Hipsters didn't invent it.