2021 LeMans benchmark

ScuRoo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Love the bike, had a look at the website with google translation, very interesting.  I particularly liked the advert for Hernia Boxer Shorts at the bottom of the page.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 68C said:

Love the bike, had a look at the website with google translation, very interesting.  I particularly liked the advert for Hernia Boxer Shorts at the bottom of the page.

As an aside and on this subject one of the best pieces of riding gear esp on a sports bike with a seat that's not built for comfort is pushbike riding nicks worn under your jeans or pants. You know those Lycra shorts of various lengths with the chamois gusset that provides padding and sweat absorption for serious cyclists. Anything that can make the difference between a day on a pushbike in agony and the same day as a total non issue comfort wise has to be good.

So instead of wasting a small fortune on custom seats and lambswool covers or airbag attachments and other hideous looking stuff spend $50 on some riding nicks and ride in comfort.

Ciao  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

This is very exciting, but still not actually MotoGuzzi . . . what will they show us of the "road-going" V85 at this year's EICMA in advance of the company's centenary?

B_moto-special-guzzi-le-mans-4-motocicli

I mean, this is built from the CARC and we are told the CARC is dead.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, docc said:

This is very exciting, but still not actually MotoGuzzi . . . what will they show us of the "road-going" V85 at this year's EICMA in advance of the company's centenary?

I mean, this is built from the CARC and we are told the CARC is dead.

I think this is dead. If they do decide to resurrect the Lemans it'll be an 850 with a bump in power like they did with the TT and it'll look a lot like the MKIV. 

I was one that was sad that they killed the CARC. I will own a Griso one day. 

• Like 2

An 850 LeMans just won't cut it.  Sorry.  No more that a V7 Racer is a sport bike.  Nope. 

Make it a 1400 or hot rod the 1200 but the small block won't do.  Since I got the Supersport, I'm no longer in the market but that's what I think.

As to styling, they'll never beat the MGS-01. It still looks great. Magni was sorta close and Ghezzi & Brian as well, but the noses! Girl next door when you want a wh... well you know. The -01 is the standard for styling. Gear-head Kevin Cameron called it "impossibly beautiful."

But, I'm just musing. I've bought my last bike. Time to get better acquainted.  

• 4 months later...