2021 LeMans benchmark

ScuRoo

34 minutes ago, footgoose said:

Electric?

You mean its powered now by water wheels from Lago di Como?

OK, maybe a little cheeky there...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, po18guy said:

high-tech and high-performance, then it seems that it could be nothing other than Aprilia's 660 270º parallel twin in Guzzi guise.

1 hour ago, po18guy said:

Anyone have a better, clearer idea?

Yep.

I’m patient - I also just keep in mind that that Mother Goose never seems to meet projected targets & always takes her time to push out another golden egg!

2015 was projected - six years later seems about right! 😆 

Keeping in mind Colaninno’s description of “extraordinary in terms of technology, design and performance”, here’s what I expect will be timely unwrapped for the new century from the realisation of this R&D huge investment & development...

(...even possibly suspect additional electric assist)

Translated:

No, this engine is totally new, a compact, liquid-cooled design that is said to meet future emissions requirements and is immensely more powerful than anything that's coming out of the Mandello del Lario plant.

Producing possibly up to 140 horsepower, this new 1.3-liter V-Twin will reportedly have enough grunt to bring back the myth of Moto Guzzi Le Mans models. As in the old Honda CX500, Moto Guzzi's new liquid-cooled V-Twin gearbox will rotate in the opposite direction of the crankshaft to eliminate the torque reaction generated by any motorcycle engine with a longitudinal crank.

Unlike the air-cooled V-Twins actuator, the new liquid-cooled Moto Guzzi V-Twin will be a dual overhead cam engine with four valves per cylinder and inlet shoes facing each other. Vee. Work is underway, but the new liquid-cooled Moto Guzzi power plant should be ready no earlier than 2015. Could we see this liquid-cooled engine in a new Moto Guzzi Le Mans sports bike? Stay tuned.

(https://it.ze-motor.com/4760-scoop)

Ps. I see you with an ingrown toenail & raise you with a transient haemorrhoid...

4 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

Ps. I see you with an ingrown toenail & raise you with a transient haemorrhoid...

OK, osteoporosis, hypertension, diabetes, suppressed adrenal function, chronic kidney disease, 4cm clot in R outer jugular, immune suppression (just got my final baby shots), cataracts (now gone), two lumbar spine surgeries, knee surgery, two sinus surgeries, chemotherapy induced+diabetes-induced+transplant-induced autonomic peripheral neuropathy (the triple crown!), and possibly the heartbreak of psoriasis. I forget the rest. Oh! The worst of all: Progressive curmudgeonitis. 

So, if I am times obtuse, I hope you can forgive. While I could not get doctor to prescribe it, I find the V11 to be therapeutic.

• Like 1

And then there is tomorrow, as well as a centenary to be honored were it not for the fact that the global health emergency today makes any program uncertain. If it were for Davide Zanolini, marketing director of Guzzi and of the other brands of the Piaggio group to which the Mandello del Lario company has belonged since 2004, in September it would be nice to celebrate on the shores of Lake Como where the company designs and builds at home every two wheels with the symbol of the eagle, in the face of globalization. Provided that the health situation allowed it in the maximum safety of the participants: “It would be wonderful to be able to open the plant to the public from 9 to 12. But it is a wish, health first and let's see what will happen ”.

However, until September nothing should be known about the new Moto Guzzi which should be presented there, then exhibited at Eicma in Milan and put on sale in 2022. Birthday gift: "It's a very secret model, it will have a new engine and many others. news that Guzzi fans expect ”, Zanolini tells us. To a flurry of other questions he replies: “Yes, we are studying whether to go to lower displacements but not soon, also to meet young people. An entry level is not planned for the V85 TT enduro, rather we could think of variants of motorcycles with smaller displacements on crossovers. We work to create engine and chassis platforms on which to adapt different models. This next bike will be the basis for others. The new course of the second centenary will be seen in Mandello and at Eicma ".

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.repubblica.it/motori/sezioni/moto/2021/03/12/news/cent_anni_da_guzzi_storia_e_futuro_di_un_fenomeno_tutto_italiano_diventato_globale-291908675/amp/

• Like 2

A few days ago I emailed Bruno dePrato regarding his article - seeking confirmation the liquid-cooled four valves per cylinder engine was the final iteration of Federico Martini’s previous work.

However Bruno’s unequivocal answer on the 20th March is clear but unfortunately contains no further details...

“No Federico Martini leftover, this is a new project
Regards
Bruno dePrato”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would you email him to provide unequivocal references that the military mulo engine had nothing to do with Carcano's V7?  I firmly believe we, as a community, have the obligation to help well placed, and well meaning, journalists get this story right and stop repeating the erroneous myth. :mg:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KINDOY2 said:

Done

Bruno dePrato would be an extraordinary advocate to further the truth of the Moto Guzzi V-twin's true history and stop the misguided tractor myth mistake.

That this incoming liquid cooled V-twin is "a new project" also suggests it is not from the VA-10 designed by the team led by Danilo Majoli in 1997, under Finprogetti-TRG/ Cecchinato, that was shelved when Ivano Beggio  acquired Moto Guzzi . . .

va-10-5.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, docc said:

Bruno dePrato would be an extraordinary advocate to further the truth of the Moto Guzzi V-twin's true history and stop the misguided tractor myth mistake.

That this incoming liquid cooled V-twin is "a new project" also suggests it is not from the VA-10 designed by the team led by Danilo Majoli in 1997, under Finprogetti-TRG/ Cecchinato, that was shelved when Ivano Beggio  acquired Moto Guzzi . . .

va-10-5.jpg

My newly acquired MotoItaliane reference, Moto Guzzi 1921-2021, states that the VA-10 was designed by "Angelo Ferrari, chief engineer of the Mandello-based company" in 1996. Between this, and the later ~2013 Federico Martini effort, it fascinates to see what Piaggio has in store . . .

14 minutes ago, docc said:

My newly acquired MotoItaliane reference, Moto Guzzi 1921-2021, states that the VA-10 was designed by "Angelo Ferrari, chief engineer of the Mandello-based company" in 1996. Between this, and the later ~2013 Federico Martini effort, it fascinates to see what Piaggio has in store . . .

Q: Will it blend?

17 minutes ago, po18guy said:

Q: Will it blend?

Don't ask me, man. I was banking on a diesel triple, full-on military bike . . .  :blink: