2021 LeMans benchmark

ScuRoo

1 hour ago, docc said:

Don't ask me, man. I was banking on a diesel triple, full-on military bike . . .  :blink:

I heard that the Lambo tractor gurus were consultants. Just a rumor.

• Confused 1

On 3/19/2021 at 10:18 PM, ScuRoo said:

However, until September nothing should be known about the new Moto Guzzi which should be presented there, then exhibited at Eicma in Milan and put on sale in 2022. Birthday gift: "It's a very secret model, it will have a new engine and many others. news that Guzzi fans expect ”, Zanolini tells us.

This sounds great, but I can't shake the nagging feeling that 'new' might be a very flexible word! These are the same folk who insisted that the V85 mill was ground-up brand new for years and years. And it is undeniably strange to leave any new model announcement until *months after* your brand's 100th anniversary.

I want a new, euro-compliant, big bore transverse v-twin with oodles of power as much as anyone. If we get one in a sexy sport-tourer it will be my first ever completely brand-new buy, and my first dealer buy in 24 years. But I won't hold my breath, we've had too many of these false starts. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, bbolesaz said:

They are selling a bunch of V85TT's.  But it's up against the BMW R1250GS.  So, I bet the "new" engine/bike is a VxxTT with a liter or plus engine.

Oh, *joy*.

To be fair though the blurry teaser does look more Grisoish than that.

If they are going to produce something *New* there haven't been any sightings around Mandello and that would be a first. There are always shots of new models being road tasted near the factory.

Having said that all design and development is probably done at Noale now so maybe people just aren't looking in the right place.....

• Like 2

Well, there is a certain 8-vave V that is fully developed and Piaggio can buy the whole company for a song.

No need for a major name change: Motus Guzzi. This model is tentatively called the Norge Carolina.

Screen%20Shot%202021-03-25%20at%2012.41.

But it's Holden-based. What could possibly go wrong??? OK, kidding there.

French 'things' are often designed by committee. Italian things are a reflection of a single man - genius or nutter that he may be. Whose name will be on this new bike?

• Like 1

If I can find the right link I’ll post it...! 👍😂 🍻 

The courage to go further”, the whole Moto Guzzi story
On Monday 15 March, on the exact day that the Moto Guzzi blows out its 100 candles, the Automotoclub Storico Italiano presents the preview of the documentary film entitled "The courage to go beyond".
An independent project conceived by enthusiasts Massimo Zavaglia and Bruno Nava, produced by Alboran and sponsored by the Municipality of Milan. “The courage to go beyond” (written by Laura Motta and directed by Maurizio Pavone) is the story of the life of the three men who gave rise to the myth of Moto Guzzi: Giorgio Parodi, Carlo Guzzi and Giovanni Ravelli. It is the story of a fraternal bond from which, in the difficult years of the first post-war period, was born a project that became a successful entrepreneurial reality, which wrote important pages in Italian and world motorcycle history. Moto Guzzi is not just a brand that identifies beautiful, fast, technically avant-garde motorcycles and protagonists of memorable sporting victories.
It is the expression of the human and professional history of those who made it possible to achieve a goal common to the men who have associated their name with that of the Mandello del Lario company.

Edited by ScuRoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 11:44 PM, ScuRoo said:

If I can find the right link I’ll post it...! 👍😂 🍻 

The courage to go further”, the whole Moto Guzzi story
On Monday 15 March, on the exact day that the Moto Guzzi blows out its 100 candles, the Automotoclub Storico Italiano presents the preview of the documentary film entitled "The courage to go beyond".
An independent project conceived by enthusiasts Massimo Zavaglia and Bruno Nava, produced by Alboran and sponsored by the Municipality of Milan. “The courage to go beyond” (written by Laura Motta and directed by Maurizio Pavone) is the story of the life of the three men who gave rise to the myth of Moto Guzzi: Giorgio Parodi, Carlo Guzzi and Giovanni Ravelli. It is the story of a fraternal bond from which, in the difficult years of the first post-war period, was born a project that became a successful entrepreneurial reality, which wrote important pages in Italian and world motorcycle history. Moto Guzzi is not just a brand that identifies beautiful, fast, technically avant-garde motorcycles and protagonists of memorable sporting victories.
It is the expression of the human and professional history of those who made it possible to achieve a goal common to the men who have associated their name with that of the Mandello del Lario company.

"listen to that noise, it sound's like music" -Antonio Ligabue

https://wide.piaggiogroup.com/en/articles/people/antonio-ligabue-and-moto-guzzi-a-bond-of-art-and-life/index.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScuRoo said:

https://m.facebook.com/guareschimoto/videos/1022466584936905/

This is the music!

Still the benchmark Colaninno’s recent announcement has to exceed - anything less would put lie to the claims of ‘extraordinary...’ 

I don't quite understand this. Do you mean any bike Guzzi come up with needs to better the Guareschi bike? If so then thats not a valid position. Anyone with the fabrication skills can come up with a motorcycle that is basically a "track day" bike only. It's doesn't need to meet any road bike criteria of any kind whatsoever and on top of that this particular bike with it's mile long wheelbase, shaft drive and weight would get it's arse handed to it in a competitive race track situation by a decent rider. If you like this sort of narrow focus bike, fair enough but it can't be compared to a bike that needs to meet road regulations, emission regulations and be fit for mass production and sale to the general public. The Guareschi bike also uses an old air/oil cooled engine that won't pass euro5 emission regs. In other words this bike is pretty much a show pony for a very narrow motorcycle niche market. 

The real genius in motorcycle sports bike design is designing a package that can be cutting edge on a race track and yet saleable and street rideable to the average road rider even if he can't use anything like it's full potential. In other words the devils in the detail as usual.  

The modern hyper sports bike is an amazing piece of engineering.

Ciao     

• Thanks 1

That Guareschi Faux-mans has the most butt ugly fairing. C'mon, it's Italy. You can do better! Looks like this fellow's helmet painted red and hi-viz. 

Screen%20Shot%202021-04-08%20at%203.32.0

• Like 1
  • Haha 2