2021 LeMans benchmark

ScuRoo

22 hours ago, Scud said:

OK, first... the fact that this thread had drifted to include prospective inheritances of TR7s and an album cover by Wishbone Ash... that is expert level thread drift.

Next... I just got an email from GP Motorcycles (Guzzi Dealer in San Diego) promoting a new V7 Special with an 850 engine. I assume same engine at the V85. If Moto Guzzi doesn't make a LeMans, somebody surely will make a LeMans kit for that.

https://gpmotorcycles.com/bikes/inventory_Detail.php?id=3654

And this you are correct... 

Love that new 850 Special by the way. 

On 4/19/2021 at 1:21 AM, po18guy said:

Some confusion - my bad. This is the fairing "design" I am commenting on. As to aerodynamics, the Subaru XT6 proved the slippery does not necessarily mean beautiful.

Screen%20Shot%202021-04-19%20at%201.10.2

I think this bike was Guzzi's poke into seeing how both the hipsters and the old farts of the Guzzi world were going to take to an idea of a new Lemans. The styling was quite obvious a poke and prod for a reaction. It worked. I know it got my attention. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 5:31 AM, ScuRoo said:
" Vespa is life-style,
Aprilia is the adrenaline of racing,
Moto Guzzi is travel,
Piaggio is commuting, or mobility, above all metropolitan. "

Personally, I find this reassuring. I would be most disappointed if Moto Guzzi were assigned to "Life Style."

• Like 3

As an assertion this begs the question - does Piaggio waffle in isolation as some marketing USP - or does every motorcycle company have the same waffling modus operandi?

There’s lies, damn lies & then there’s statistics!

Translated:

The crisis does not sink the two wheels. Maxi alliance in sight on the electric
by Simonluca Pini

After the close of 2020 with a drop in sales of 8.9%, in February the decline is even more contained: -6.35%. Piaggio Group, Ktm, Honda and Yamaha sign a letter of intent for the development and production of interchangeable batteries

March 29, 2021

A little more than a year has passed since the onset of the Covid 19 pandemic and many habits of Italians have changed, especially in terms of mobility. With the need to keep a greater social distance and avoid closed and crowded places as much as possible, motorized two-wheelers have proved to be the ideal vehicle for daily mobility. Thanks also to this aspect, the sector did not have a collapse like the four-wheel market, closing 2020 at -8.9% against -27.9% for cars, and for the year that has just begun, the February numbers suggest a recovery of the entire sector. To the need for mobility is added the desire for freedom, a sensation amplified by driving a motorcycle along the thousands of fascinating routes available in Italy from North to South.

For this reason, the manufacturers have launched and will shortly present a long list of innovations capable of satisfying the demands of every motorcyclist, starting from unpublished scooters such as the new Piaggio Beverly up to the super sports cars of the caliber of the Ducati V4 SP.

2021 will also be the year of the celebrations for the century of Moto Guzzi's life, born in Mandello del Lario in 1921 and ready to celebrate the prestigious milestone with eleven new models and with a motorcycle rally in September that will attract fans from all over the world. as well as for the 75th anniversary of the Vespa.

Passing through the Aprilia house, the new Tuono 660 stands out, while Ducati focuses on a long list of new products such as Monster and Multistrada V4. In the Touring sector there will be the greatest competition on the market, with the Benelli Trk 502 that will do everything to confirm itself as the best-selling in Italy while the renewed Bmw R 1250 Gs will have to contend with the long-awaited Harley-Davidson Pan America. For the Milwaukee brand it represents a real bet but the ingredients for success are all there starting from the liquid-cooled twin-cylinder engine of 145 horsepower. In this list of news we cannot forget the Japanese front, starting from the renewed Honda Sh 350 up to the unpublished Yamaha Mt-07 and Mt-09.

Among the novelties, the models destined for the electric market stand out, with the Italian Askoll able to sell its scooters directly on the web. As with cars, also in the motorcycle world the electric will lead to new technological-productive partnerships. Piaggio Group, Ktm, Honda and Yamaha have signed a letter of intent for the creation of a Consortium operating from May which will have the task of developing interchangeable batteries. This will also lead to the birth of international technical standards, with the aim of reducing costs for the entire supply chain.

Returning to the numbers, in February the market showed strong differences between motorcycles and scooters: while the former recorded a significant growth (+ 18.89%), with 11,037 vehicles registered, motorcycles recorded a decline of 7.4%. , corresponding to 8,226 registered vehicles. Overall, registered vehicles totaled + 6.04%, equal to 19,263 vehicles placed on the market. Double-digit decline for mopeds, with 1,268 vehicles sold and a loss of 24.66% compared to the same period last year.

In the first two months of the year, registered vehicles - thanks to a negative January and the poor performance of the motorcycles in February - recorded a drop of 3.79% equal to 31,569 registered vehicles. The good performance in February brings the scooter market in parity (-0.22%) equal to 17,055 vehicles, while motorcycles remain in negative territory with a decrease of 7.67% and 14,514 vehicles sold.

The total market partially recovers the volumes lost in January, but nevertheless closed negative with a decrease of 6.35% and 33,978 vehicles placed on the market.

If on the numbers front we will have to wait a few more months to be sure of the recovery of the market, good news arrives on the exhibition front. Honda has confirmed its participation in the next edition of Eicma, the International Bicycle and Motorcycle Exhibition scheduled from 23 to 28 November in the pavilions of Fiera Milano, in Rho, and soon other manufacturers will announce their presence.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp24.ilsole24ore.com/pagina/ADoD2xOB

• Thanks 2