ScuRoo

2021 LeMans benchmark

On 2/22/2019 at 2:32 PM, ScuRoo said:

Looking mighty fine... innit Jaap!

88157E3B-0986-4F1A-B5F7-2A2281AC5590.jpeg

Not sure, this wasn't mine:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

What realy excites me is to ride my bike 'on the cam'. And that applies to any bike at all.

Its just that you cannot ride anything modern and powerfull in such way if you want to be back home for your supper and not ending in a box or in jail.

I have a few small bikes like an Airone Sport or a Bultaco 350 and enjoy them immensely when i can wring them around coaxing every horse availlable to stay 'in the zone' and on song.

May be i am old fashioned and missing something but the Airone at 60mph is more fun than my ex Stelvio at 130.

Many customers aren't looking for silly power and over prepped steers, technology is a lure and progress an illusion, give me two valves and pushrods please. There wont be any need to rebuild the head at silly expense or to remortgage your house to reshim your desmo.

So for me, guzzi is on the right track staying air cooled and pushrod , keeping production costs down , but with the added value of a shaft drive thus reducing maintenance.

As a mechanic, i cannot but admire the skills of the creators of those super rockets but it somehow lets me cold.

• Like 7

Honestly, could not dirt bike radiator scoops have been used for the intakes? Ugly as they might be, I see improvement over this alien insect.  Looks more like a Honda 919 Murder Hornet to me. Reminds me of one Brit journalist's coomment on the1985  Honda V65 Magna: "Looks like a magnet dragged through a parts bin." And honestly, the MG small block valve covers look like the heads on Harbor Freight air compressors. We need Edelbrock or Offenhauser to make up some proper covers. I've posted this design exercise elsewhere, but might as well get it in this thread, as it is doable.

850:V85%20LeMans.png

Send the motor to California and some of the rodders there might get 90--95 reliable HP out of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emeraldv11 said:

What realy excites me is to ride my bike 'on the cam'. And that applies to any bike at all.

Its just that you cannot ride anything modern and powerfull in such way if you want to be back home for your supper and not ending in a bix or in jail.

I have a few small bikes like an Airone Sport or a Bultaco 350 and enjoy them immensely when i can wring them around coaxing every horse availlable to stay 'in the zone' and on song.

May be i am old fashioned and missing something but the Airone at 60mph is more fun than my ex Stelvio at 130.

Many customers aren't looking for silly power and over prepped steers, technology is a lure and progress an illusion, give me two valves and pushrods please. There wont be any need to rebuild the head at silly expense or to remortgage your house to reshim your desmo.

So for me, guzzi is on the right track staying air cooled and pushrod , keeping production costs down , but with the added value of a shaft drive thus reducing maintenance.

brilliant

• Like 3

Yeah , I like the remortgage to valve adjustment part !

Phwoarrr!

Carbon fibre sexy...

Guareschi’s showing the way... keep an eye out for the Naked version

19 hours ago, Emeraldv11 said:

Its just that you cannot ride anything modern and powerfull in such way if you want to be back home for your supper and not ending in a box or in jail.

As a mechanic, i cannot but admire the skills of the creators of those super rockets but it somehow lets me cold.

Absolutely...... :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, Emeraldv11 said:

On 6/30/2020 at 6:17 AM, po18guy said:

Honestly, could not dirt bike radiator scoops have been used for the intakes? Ugly as they might be, I see improvement over this alien insect.  Looks more like a Honda 919 Murder Hornet to me. Reminds me of one Brit journalist's coomment on the1985  Honda V65 Magna: "Looks like a magnet dragged through a parts bin." And honestly, the MG small block valve covers look like the heads on Harbor Freight air compressors. We need Edelbrock or Offenhauser to make up some proper covers. I've posted this design exercise elsewhere, but might as well get it in this thread, as it is doable.

850:V85%20LeMans.png

Send the motor to California and some of the rodders there might get 90--95 reliable HP out of it.

This I actually really like. Pity it needs a custom chassis to work.

Ciao

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 5:08 AM, Emeraldv11 said:

Could't disagree more as a general principle. Man didn't succeed in his greatest human endeavour of landing on the moon and returning safely by shunning technology and progress. The modern motorcycle is in every way a far better piece of machinery than it was even 20 years ago. About the only thing you could question is the requirement to be a bit more technically savvy to be able to maintain them. They dont really accommodate back yard mechanics anymore. But then that's balanced out by the fact that they require far less maintenance today.

Ciao  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

This I actually really like. Pity it needs a custom chassis to work.

Ciao

Pee-Ahhhh-Gee-Oh has no idea how many more (yes, us grey hairs) would be in MG showrooms if they had one of these in the window.

Or MG can do it cheap with parts they already have going with a V7 chassis, a V85tt tuned for more power (twin throttlebody maybe. ) and some cooler components and different bodywork than the V7 Racer... 🤔

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 12:23 AM, Rox Lemans said:

Or MG can do it cheap with parts they already have going with a V7 chassis, a V85tt tuned for more power (twin throttlebody maybe. ) and some cooler components and different bodywork than the V7 Racer... 🤔

Hmm...

Moto Guzzi has perfect opportunity to boldly leapfrog - like it once did with the Otto Cilindri - introducing a new reconfigured Vtwin!

https://electriccarsforeveryone.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/cits-two-stroke-engine.pdf

2021 will introduce a new dawn - whatever they’ve got cooking I sure hope they

Seize the Day! 😏

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.grandprix247.com/2020/01/15/red-mist-will-we-see-2-stroke-formula-1-engines-in-the-future/amp/

F1 is drawing bold new plans for 2025

Edited by ScuRoo
Added info
  • Like 2