2021 LeMans benchmark

ScuRoo

From the blurry teaser(?) by proportions it looks like Aprilia's/Moto Morini's 660 parallel twin. "IF" so, are we seeing the emergence of the Italian GM (General Motorcycles)?

If.

• Haha 1

On the bright side, they're contemplating a new model. I'd be more optimistic toward something exciting if they had at least INCLUDED a V11 in their bloody  "centenary anniversary image", a supposed evolution of the passion of the marque.

FFS, when will the indifference and disrespect of the V11 Sport/LM model end?

• Like 3

someone on Wild said it looked like Aprilia.  I just hope it has more get up and go than anything they've sold before.  And I hope I'm not so old to have enough get up and go before it ever hits the market.  

My guess is the Greenie will win on both counts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, footgoose said:

On the bright side, they're contemplating a new model. I'd be more optimistic toward something exciting if they had at least INCLUDED a V11 in their bloody  "centenary anniversary image", a supposed evolution of the passion of the marque.

FFS, when will the indifference and disrespect of the V11 Sport/LM model end?

Yes I noted the omission also.

Ciao

2 hours ago, LowRyter said:

someone on Wild said it looked like Aprilia.  I just hope it has more get up and go than anything they've sold before.  And I hope I'm not so old to have enough get up and go before it ever hits the market.  

My guess is the Greenie will win on both counts.

'Sposedly, the Aprilia 660 makes 100bhp and weighs what, 400 pounds? That's 600 super sport territory. Still, they were advertised well ahead of delivery.

It occurred to me that if Piaggio is actually doing a major refit of the factory in Mandello, that is probably a more devoted and lasting 100 year tribute to Moto Guzzi than simply putting a new model on the market . . .

• Like 3

10 hours ago, po18guy said:

'Sposedly, the Aprilia 660 makes 100bhp and weighs what, 400 pounds? That's 600 super sport territory. Still, they were advertised well ahead of delivery.

So you're hoping that Guzzi gets a version of the 660 twin?  Or expecting that to happen?

“Sarà straordinaria per tecnologia, design e prestazioni”.

“It will be extraordinary in terms of technology, design and performance”.

Roberto Colaninno

il Giornale.it

Moto Guzzi makes 100 years, new plant in Mandello

by Pierluigi Bonora March 14, 2021
Tomorrow the anniversary.

Colaninno: "A moment of pride for an all-Italian excellence"

And so the motorcycle manufacturer founded by Carlo Guzzi and Giorgio Parodi a century ago, ...will have as a birthday present a new production plant obviously in Mandello del Lario, the historic seat of the Museum, whose area will also be completely refurbished.

...the birthday celebrated tomorrow "represents a moment of great pride for the whole Italian industry", says Roberto Colaninno, president of Piaggio Group. In the latter part of last year, the V85 TT and V7 were the absolute protagonists of the brand, contributing to the strengthening of Piaggio's sales in Europe,

...In short, it has always been a great source of pride for "Made in Italy", ..."an all-Italian excellence - as confirmed by President Colaninno - which has made the history of our country, without never grow old and that continues to move the most authentic passion of thousands of Guzzi fans all over the world.

86A9E8C2-BB5C-4F97-ACC8-89F40CCC833D.webp

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ScuRoo said:

Colaninno: "A moment of pride for an all-Italian excellence"

" And so the motorcycle manufacturer founded by Carlo Guzzi and Giorgio Parodi a century ago, ...will have as a birthday present a new production plant obviously in Mandello del Lario, the historic seat of the Museum, whose area will also be completely refurbished. "

Again, IMHO, an extraordinary, and forward thinking, celebration of the 100th anniversary to benefit Moto Guzzi, and all Guzzisti for time to come.   :mg:

Far more significant and forward thinking than a 100th Anniversary Sport (or LeMans) model for 2021 only, even if it takes some years to actually present that model . . .

• Like 1

As to what the "new bike" is or will be, I have no real opinion. I have bought the last bike of my life, which is quickly winding down. Reading between the publicity lines, if it is high-tech and high-performance, then it seems that it could be nothing other than Aprilia's 660 270º parallel twin in Guzzi guise. The cost to produce a Euro-5,6,7? standard bike is way beyond Guzzi's capability. It is almost certainly beyond tiny Moto Morini's ability.

Thus, we may very well be presented with the same bike wearing three different suits of clothing. Anyone have a better, clearer idea?

When you are cash-strapped, cost savings, platform-sharing is everything. Motori Generali, anyone?

"I have bought the last bike of my life"....I'm not sure about that . The second part bothers me

"which is quickly winding down" . Let's go over this part ..........

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gstallons said:

"I have bought the last bike of my life"....I'm not sure about that . The second part bothers me

"which is quickly winding down" . Let's go over this part ..........

3 cancers. Stem cell transplant. Staring at 70 with a wheelbarrow load of co-morbidities. Might live to 100, but better to live like I'm going tonight.

31 minutes ago, po18guy said:

3 cancers. Stem cell transplant. Staring at 70 with a wheelbarrow load of co-morbidities. Might live to 100, but better to live like I'm going tonight.

No better way to approach that than with a "decent '04 Ballabio!" :mg::sun:

It occurs to me that, if Piaggio were just rebadging Aprilias (like DeTomaso tried to rebadge Benelli), why would they change any production facilities in Mandello?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, docc said:

It occurs to me that, if Piaggio were just rebadging Aprilias (like DeTomaso tried to rebadge Benelli), why would they change any production facilities in Mandello?

Electric?

1 hour ago, docc said:

Forgot about the apparently benign tumor in my frontal lobe that they are watching. And the hits just keep on coming!