Roper Plate Redux

swooshdave

We have some upcoming news on this effort. If you have been thinking of getting a plate you may want to wait just a little bit.

Note: These will not include the gaskets.

Note: These will be considerably less than any on the market now.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, Chuck said:

You can be sure. It is easily visable from the outside. It is above the sump, about 2mm thick, and unless the sump has been painted..not likely.. a different color.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2019 at 1:17 PM, swooshdave said:

We have some upcoming news on this effort. If you have been thinking of getting a plate you may want to wait just a little bit.

Note: These will not include the gaskets.

Note: These will be considerably less than any on the market now.

I apologize for the delays. Luckily I haven't committed to a delivery date yet. ;)

I've been busy with the sale of my 850-T (which should finally go out the door tomorrow) and now I'm scheming on buying something else. I had planned on using the bike funds to front the plates so we'll see how things go.

I've also been spending a lot of time on my much neglected (and let's be honest, highly abused) Norton.

9 minutes ago, billgreenman1 said:

My '02-3 is a work in progress, but I remember the oil light briefly coming on, so I'm in if it is possible. 

We have yet another development in this process. And it hopefully will be even better than anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

• Like 3

The question is will .0750” be thick enough? That’s 1.9mm. @pete roper

Early estimates are coming in so favorable that people will stock up on these. :xmas:

1 hour ago, swooshdave said:

The question is will .0750” be thick enough? That’s 1.9mm. @pete roper

Early estimates are coming in so favorable that people will stock up on these. :xmas:

So.. what metal did you end up using, and is the pattern and size of the "flow" holes the same as Pete's original?

9 minutes ago, footgoose said:

So.. what metal did you end up using, and is the pattern and size of the "flow" holes the same as Pete's original?

304 SS is the current plan.

i assume the pattern is the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Count me in too.

Cheers tom.

• Like 1

Hey Dave,     I ended up picking up that 2003 V11 Lemans that I was musing about on WG a while back.

While getting info together for a "to do" list on this bike, I stumbled on this thread and recalled you mentioning there may be a deal in the works on the on the Roper plates.

Here I am in all my glory as a new forum member,lol.

Please add my name to the list for a Roper plate order.

Tks to you for taking this on, and to Pete, as always, doing what's right to help us keep these guzzis running well and reliably. 

Tia Kelly White

ps I know it didn't happen if there's no pictures, so fwiw 

$_27.JPG

• Like 5

On 7/3/2019 at 7:19 PM, footgoose said:

It should be identical. Material specs TBA. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of news. But it will be worth the wait.

I just received a pre-production sample and as soon as I get my gaskets (already ordered from MG Cycle) I'll fit it and let everyone know how it goes on. While I don't expect any issues I'm sure you'd rather have me be the tester than you.

Getting the plates engraved is still being worked on.

While I'm sure everyone would like this engraved on their plate you will be getting something different. :D

NYkvcnp.jpg

I know I've said this many times, but it will be worth the wait. B)

• Like 5

11 hours ago, roktbox said:

Yessir! I’m in and thanks for all your hard work. 

Like most projects it's 90% perseverance and 10% figuring out how to get someone else to do the work. B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2