Roper Plate Redux

swooshdave

24 minutes ago, pete roper said:

Ooo! Now you're getting kinky!

Would you like to see my podge bar? :lol:

I’m still trying to get over the rusty star picket. Not sure, nay, quite confident I don’t want to see or know about the podge bar!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'd just like to say a big 'Thank you' to 'Pressureangle' who today dropped a not insignificant amount of money into my paypal account.

While handing over manufacture of sloppage sheets was not something that I was expecting to make any money out of really the last year has been pretty tough for my business with my understudy Michael busting his back and becoming a paraplegic setting up a 'Cripple Friendly' workshop has been both time consuming and expensive! Particularly as diminished income meant there was less tax money to use as write-offs for new tooling and equipment!

While Jude and I are far from paupers the bank accounts, both business and personal, have taken a severe pizzleing this year. The cash injection is greatly appreciated. As well as the filthy lucre for me for every plate sold there is going to be a donation made to MSF for all their excellent work so please, if you need a plate buy one from Eric rather than the thieving twats in Huddersfield who stole the design and copied it without even so much as a 'By your leave'.

Pete

• Like 7

Ah...hem. Yes. 

Pete, you've given the MG community far more than you may know, or possibly could have received in return. Well done. 

I couldn't have made this happen so easily without Swooshdave and Chuck. It was my intention to let Swooshdave be the front man, but since the cat is out of the bag, they are made, and waiting only on engraving; I'm hesitant to let them go blank but the engraving is way behind schedule. The price will be $70.00US plus a medium USPS priority box, $14.35, total $84.35US.  International buyers pay only what actual shipping costs, we'll send them anywhere. I have to set up a proper company PayPal yet, but checks and money orders are ok after clearing and I have to check on VISA/MC/AMEX before making a statement of certainty. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

Ah...hem. Yes. 

Pete, you've given the MG community far more than you may know, or possibly could have received in return. Well done. 

I couldn't have made this happen so easily without Swooshdave and Chuck. It was my intention to let Swooshdave be the front man, but since the cat is out of the bag, they are made, and waiting only on engraving; I'm hesitant to let them go blank but the engraving is way behind schedule. The price will be $70.00US plus a medium USPS priority box, $14.35, total $84.35US.  International buyers pay only what actual shipping costs, we'll send them anywhere. I have to set up a proper company PayPal yet, but checks and money orders are ok after clearing and I have to check on VISA/MC/AMEX before making a statement of certainty. 

I have no problem stepping out of the way and letting the pros work. I was just the instigator and wanted to see the plates being offered again. My job is done.

Now everyone just needs to order some plates! Well, soon.

Thanks again to Pete for letting us continue his work! And to Chuck and Pressureangle for making it happen!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Sport-I's use the 'Broad sump' the same as the V11. The thing is because of the taller gearing in the lower gears in the old five speed box the issue of oil surge and pick-up exposure doesn't seem to trouble them. This isn't to say it couldn't happen, just that I've never heard of a Sport-I running its big ends due to pick up exposure, (Or a Centy or Daytona RS.). That being the case, while fitting one is extra insurance it probably isn't necessary.

The carb Sports still used the old 'Deep Sump' with bottom feeding pick up so exposure isn't an issue.

Pete

• Thanks 1