Roper Plate Redux

swooshdave

PcTrd9R.jpg

Gaskets got here. Going at it tonight. I think they either sent me an extra oil pan gasket or I ordered too many. This should be enough for two bikes.

I’m pretty sure someone posted how to install the plate in the past. I just can’t remember where.

So here's the installation video for the preproduction plate. The fit was excellent. Obviously this was the first time I installed one of these plates. It took me a couple minutes to figure out how to remove the oil filter assembly. Cleaning the gasket surfaces probably took the most time (aside from all the filming). With this plate you don't need to make any modifications to the side stand bracket. Just loosen the large bolt onto the crankshaft, install the smaller M6 bolt and then go back and tighten the large bolt. Same with the plate, I had to have the plate loose in order to install the oil filter assembly. It was relatively easy to do, just take your time.

Upper Gaskets (two required): http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=34

Oil Pan Gasket (one required): http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=33

Hopefully we'll have an update on the production plates soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I wish I were smart enough to make a video . It would have to be in subtitles to conceal the Beverly Hillbillies accent  . Maybe dubbed by Patrick Stewart ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, gstallons said:

I wish I were smart enough to make a video . It would have to be in subtitles to conceal the Beverly Hillbillies accent  . Maybe dubbed by Patrick Stewart ?

Heck, maybe you could get Patrick Stewart to play you in the video. That would be awesome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gstallons said:

We both have the same hairstyle .

If someone were to play me , I was thinking more Ernest T Bass .

Phew, I thought you were going to say

turtleman3.jpg?w=990

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, footgoose said:

Great video Dave. Just curious why you left out the part where the plate gets installed. How is it the hole in the stand bracket needs no modification? Is the plate that much thinner?

Good question! I got distracted by trying to hold the plate and two gaskets and put everything up and get a couple screws started that I forgot to film it. Plus it looked ungainly!

I went to file the hole a little larger but then decided to try it and since I had removed the large bolt I could get the smaller one started and then the larger one. No problems. But you can't just refit the smaller bolt without loosening or removing the large bolt.

I can't remember all the different thicknesses. There is no doubt this Stainless Steel plate is sufficient.