Name That Guzzi!

Bill Hagan

Dennis -- "Der Kanzler" -- a SSR alum, sent this from Thailand.

i-v8s4xMJ-M.jpg

Any ideas which model/year, etc.?  :huh2:

Grazie ... or, under the circumstances, vielen Dank u. ขอบคุณ.   :D

Bilhelm

Thanks for responses; keep the guesses coming.

The side cover made me think it is was a 850T.

Are not many valve covers interchangeable within certain series?

Bill

But shitty ribbed tyres are 'COOL' Phil! Get with the programme! It doesn't matter if it handles like a fridge or you get coated in road shite because it doesn't have mudguards! It's 'COOL' because back in the 'Good Old Days' that's what motorbikes had and of course worshipping stuff that was considered barely satisfactory when we were young is all the rage because everything back then was wonderful!

Or not......

• Like 5

But shitty ribbed tyres are 'COOL' Phil! Get with the programme! It doesn't matter if it handles like a fridge or you get coated in road shite because it doesn't have mudguards! It's 'COOL' because back in the 'Good Old Days' that's what motorbikes had and of course worshipping stuff that was considered barely satisfactory when we were young is all the rage because everything back then was wonderful!

Or not......

I'm hearing you Pete. I despair these days watching morons riding around on old shitters from the 70's and 80's stripped back with no guards,indicators or mufflers, just straight pipes and the type of tires shown in the OP image. Back then (1980's) I had to keep a sharp eye out for the cops and those pricks from the EPA that pulled you over for a random noise check all because I rode a bevel drive Ducati fitted with Conti's. Now apparently anything go's including Harleys without any form of muffler. I swear 90% of Harleys here dont have mufflers but you never see them on the side of the road getting a defect notice. Rant over.

Ciao  

• Like 1

That prick with the EPA has been screwing things up for a long time. Case in point: one "Walter Peck" . . .

• Like 1

I'm hearing you Pete. I despair these days watching morons riding around on old shitters from the 70's and 80's stripped back with no guards,indicators or mufflers, just straight pipes and the type of tires shown in the OP image. Back then (1980's) I had to keep a sharp eye out for the cops and those pricks from the EPA that pulled you over for a random noise check all because I rode a bevel drive Ducati fitted with Conti's. Now apparently anything go's including Harleys without any form of muffler. I swear 90% of Harleys here dont have mufflers but you never see them on the side of the road getting a defect notice. Rant over.

Ciao

Funny story. Couple of years ago they set the drug bus up on the hill coming out of Queanbeyan and were pulling over everyone. I was on the Griso with Mistral Hi-Pipe with dB killer in and the bloke in front was on an R6/R1 type thing. He had not only an open pipe but had tried that thing that 'tards do of mounting his numberplate inboard of the wheel in front of the shock. Oh my! That was fun seeing him get the third degree as they defected him on the spot, made him unscrew his plate, drug and piss tested him and then told him to @#!#$# off and walk home!

They drug tested me but probably only because when they asked me if I'd ever taken narcotics I said "Shit yeah!" But then explained the last time was probably close to forty years ago and it was really shitty sulphate and I was ripped off! :D Not huge on the sense of humour that one! No issues with the noise though. Even though my Griso sounds like cheesgraters fornicating in an iron tank!

• Like 1

Ciao

Funny story. Couple of years ago they set the drug bus up on the hill coming out of Queanbeyan and were pulling over everyone. I was on the Griso with Mistral Hi-Pipe with dB killer in and the bloke in front was on an R6/R1 type thing. He had not only an open pipe but had tried that thing that 'tards do of mounting his numberplate inboard of the wheel in front of the shock. Oh my! That was fun seeing him get the third degree as they defected him on the spot, made him unscrew his plate, drug and piss tested him and then told him to @#!#$# off and walk home!

They drug tested me but probably only because when they asked me if I'd ever taken narcotics I said "Shit yeah!" But then explained the last time was probably close to forty years ago and it was really shitty sulphate and I was ripped off! :D Not huge on the sense of humour that one! No issues with the noise though. Even though my Griso sounds like cheesgraters fornicating in an iron tank!

Good one Pete. No sense of humor coppers. All about 18 years old these days and not enough mileage on them yet.

I thought it was pretty typical when they were busted recently for fiddling the RBT tests to make their stats look good,sigh.

Of course there are no booking quotas either.

Ciao