V11 Le Mans I Conversion

biesel

I've been in contact with the builder. He's now sold the bike to a mate.

The tank apparently started as a LeMans tank. I assume heavily modified to fit the spine frame.

He didn't take pictures during the build.  :(

Hands down the best customized V11 Sport ever.

Pha....what, better looking than this Dave?

gallery_7936_218_79449.jpg

I had the idea to inform Brian Saturno about this conversion and the positive feedback here and in other forums.
Here is his feedback:

Hi Jan,
nice to hear from  you again,  converting a V11 in a Le Mans is really a charming idea, I will think about it...

Maybe ... :rolleyes:

Meanwhile you can enjoy his other creations based on the V11:
http://www.ghezzi-brian.com/modelli/

On 3/16/2019 at 4:50 AM, biesel said:

I had the idea to inform Brian Saturno about this conversion and the positive feedback here and in other forums.
Here is his feedback:

Maybe ... :rolleyes:

Meanwhile you can enjoy his other creations based on the V11:
http://www.ghezzi-brian.com/modelli/

Brian can pull that off with ease with some simple bodywork and some silencers. And profitable. Folks have been awaiting a new incarnation of the Lemans for over a decade.

Way too much fuss over this bike for mine. Personally I like it but, at the end of the day its just a V11 with different body work. Does it look better than the std V11? for mine no. It looks different and it looks good to my eye BUT before I'd consider it on a serious level I have 2 major concerns.

A...its a solo bike now and needs to stay that way to maintain the style .

B... I suspect that it probably doesn't hold much fuel after the under tank mods required to fit the V11 spine frame. If it holds any less than the current V11 then its just another in the long line of  interesting but ultimately impractical bodywork customs.

Ciao  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Way too much fuss over this bike for mine. Personally I like it but, at the end of the day its just a V11 with different body work. Does it look better than the std V11? for mine no. It looks different and it looks good to my eye BUT before I'd consider it on a serious level I have 2 major concerns.

A...its a solo bike now and needs to stay that way to maintain the style .

B... I suspect that it probably doesn't hold much fuel after the under tank mods required to fit the V11 spine frame. If it holds any less than the current V11 then its just another in the long line of  interesting but ultimately impractical bodywork customs.

Ciao  

completely agree

Y’all are talking practical? I think someone needs to go and look in their garage again. The V11 Sport is barely practical as it is.

does anyone know how the new V7 tanks compare size-wise to the early V7 Sport or Lemans tanks?

• Thanks 1