swooshdave

Ram Mount on tank ring

I looked at those, didn't get one...still haven't mounted mine on the stem.

What sort of SNAFU is it to get it on the stem? It was obvious as soon as I opened the box it wasn't going to be a standard easy install.

Timely post. I was thinking about messing with the cap and stem again using my big 'ol box of RAM parts, but after reading through the link to previous discussions I just bought that tank adapter and will see how we get along. 

8 hours ago, roktbox said:

Timely post. I was thinking about messing with the cap and stem again using my big 'ol box of RAM parts, but after reading through the link to previous discussions I just bought that tank adapter and will see how we get along. 

Welcome roktbox, How do you like the Africa Twin? There's some good deals on new '17's. I know they aren't as tech-y as the later ones, but who needs it?

Love it w/ full disclosure that I'm no Chris Birch. Yes, some smokin' deals out there. I was an early adopter and enthusiastic farkler, so I try not to pay close attention to current prices. I will say that I'll appreciate my 10k miles worth of riding since new and call that good ROI. Purchased with intent to ride as much challenging terrain as I am capable. To date, some tight "double track" in OR & WA Coast Range / Cascades with some long roadies into ID, WY, MO, and Canada. Have experienced "fork gate" - bushing wear on internals causing undue stiction, erosion of internal fork leg anodizing, etc. Honda famously won't warranty the problem, so consider that if you buy. If you do, just enjoy the lower MSRP and swap it all for Ohlins. I'm waiting for the next rebuild cycle on mine to perhaps get the bigger 43mm fork tubes off the ATAS and then rework suspension bits from there. Happy to prattle on if you want more info ..........