Forum Upgrade

As mentioned in the donation topic, thanks to your donations, I have planned a major forum upgrade soon with help from the forum software engineers. This will mean there could be some downtime. But most importantly, the look and feel will be rather different.
When everything is running, I will do some styling to make you feel at home again.

Of course I will let you know in advance when and how long there is down time.

FM4bg4J.jpg

• Like 4

The upgrade is done. If you come across errors let me know. Gallery images will soon be visible again.

A few things are different:
Logging in requires your screen name and password now. And the old 'friends' feauture is now the 'followers' feature which isn't reciprocal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have we lost our delightful collection of specialized emotis?  There were some dear ones in that mix . . . You know, these fellows:

:oldgit: :thumbsup::rasta:  :grin::huh2: :whistle:

Amongst the others, but not less than "Luigi" . . .  :luigi: 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, docc said:

Have we lost our delightful collection of specialized emotis?  There were some dear ones in that mix . . . You know, these fellows:

:oldgit: :thumbsup::rasta:  :grin::huh2: :whistle:

Amongst the others, but not less than "Luigi" . . .  :luigi: 

Luigi and friends are back :luigi::mg:

So is the sidebar on the homepage, where you can find recent topics and posts

• Like 3

Now  -after upgrade-  I have to ask/change  every time new password to sign forum???  I have tried safari and chrome -same problem...

-KG-

We use Mac Book Pros, iPads, and iPhones exclusively.  Was actually surprised this am. when forum  opened seamlessly.  I do get that "resigning" issue over on GrisoGhetto, and thought it was Mac related.  Cleaning cache doesn't work.  Seems eventually to go away.

I did seem to disappear off the member map, but, given others adding today, was not alone.  Apologies if you addressed that above or elsewhere.  Will skim.

And, FWIW, "security" concerns aside, I put in actual street addy, but the map only put me in "downtown" Cross Junction.  

And, hey, I actually read the forum terms before clicking "I agree."  :D

OK, time to donate ... Bedankt, Jaap!

Bill

Edited by Bill Hagan
Brain flatulence