Forum Upgrade

The old forum would jump to last entry in any topic when clicking on 'unread'.  Now it seems to start at the beginning of the thread, is it something I am doing wrong?

On 3/17/2019 at 10:58 PM, kglm said:

Now  -after upgrade-  I have to ask/change  every time new password to sign forum???  I have tried safari and chrome -same problem...

-KG-

10 hours ago, Admin Jaap said:

Strange problem! Do you use an iMac, iPad or iPhone? Does anyone else have this problem too?

Macbook and iphone , I can´t sign direct -have to order password change in mail every time... hmm.. -wait! now after restart  it works! -via Chrome (Still can`t sign if using safari)

..no  , I was too eager -a few hours later it doesn`t accept password.

..Seems that I have gone away  membermap also..

-KG-

68C, when viewing the unread list you click on the time in number of hours which is listed beside the number of replies. These will be the last line of the unread item. If you click on the heading this takes you to the first page.

Rob

12 minutes ago, O2 V11 said:

68C, when viewing the unread list you click on the time in number of hours which is listed beside the number of replies. These will be the last line of the unread item. If you click on the heading this takes you to the first page.

Rob

That works for me on my Mac OS, but not on the iPhone. I can only select the page, but it takes me to the top of the page.

5 hours ago, kglm said:

Macbook and iphone , I can´t sign direct -have to order password change in mail every time... hmm.. -wait! now after restart  it works! -via Chrome (Still can`t sign if using safari)

..no  , I was too eager -a few hours later it doesn`t accept password.

..Seems that I have gone away  membermap also..

-KG-

While I seem to be OK with Safari on signing in, etc., I did disappear from the map -- maybe I am an unknowing participant in a witness protection program? :( --and reentered that.

Bill

thanks for the hard work here Jaap.  I have to say the forum layout is not as user friendly (perhaps yet) compared to the old one.  May take some fiddling to get there.

I used to click on "Unread Content" and it would have a nice summary list of the topics...maybe that type of compressed view can be built here...but it seems like there is a lot of "preview" of the topic that is showing up rather than the topic header. 

Perhaps I need a setting fix of some sort...

Dank u wel!!!

Hi,

I have been very appreciative of Japp and this forum for many years.

Being the old fart that I am ....change is difficult. I don't know if its my eyes, my brain,or what, but 

the changes just don't seem to flow for me. Just seems like I have to work to hard to see whats going on.

above all    thanks for the website.

andy

3 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

thanks for the hard work here Jaap.  I have to say the forum layout is not as user friendly (perhaps yet) compared to the old one.  May take some fiddling to get there.

I used to click on "Unread Content" and it would have a nice summary list of the topics...maybe that type of compressed view can be built here...but it seems like there is a lot of "preview" of the topic that is showing up rather than the topic header. 

Dank u wel!!!

You may need to adjust the filters as you have more options now of what to be notified of.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Dank u wel!!!

Like Paul, I used to just click on unread topics.. but now for whatever reason there are some that don't show up there. <scratching head> If I go to the forums header, under latest replies are things I haven't read.

• Like 1

Thanks Swoosh...I'll spend some time on the beach this weekend and play with the filters a bit more!    

On related notes, I had such a good ride on the Griso and Scura last weekend, that I almost forgot completely about the forum until I saw a reminder on WG today!  

2 hours ago, Admin Jaap said:

Not much I can do about the user friendliness... The forum layout is almost 'out-of-the-box'. Any adjustments would only make it worse, I'm afraid.
I think it needs a bit of getting used to.

Well, you *are* dealing with a bunch of old farts that have a hard time with change.. :whistle: I'll figure it out eventually. :oldgit:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/25/2019 at 10:14 AM, Chuck said:

Well, you *are* dealing with a bunch of old farts that have a hard time with change.. :whistle: I'll figure it out eventually. :oldgit:

get offa my lawn!

<shrug>

• Like 1