GUZZIE MGS-01

Taylor

Hi everyone

I wonder if any one can help me.  I am trying to locate the current owner of my Moto Guzzi MGS-01 vin number ZGULRRA006MI0089.

The bike is easy distinguishable by a deep scratch in the rear swing arm usually hidden by a decal... which happened when it fell of the paddock stand after it was being un crated

Have returned from Australia to New Zealand and we believe the bike was housed in a private collection by a friend of ours whom has sadly passed on.  We have discovered the bike had been removed and sold/exported to USA in approx. 2011- 2013

Currently this is a sales of proceeds issue here in NZ we want to work with the original purchaser in USA to document the purchase price.  The individual involved tells me he sold the bike for approx. $27K USD which we have trouble believing.  Any assistance or leads would be most welcome...  you can contact me via this forum or directly on 4mxsales@gmail.com .

Kind Regards

Paul Taylor

IMG_0323_resize.JPG

Hi  Footgoose

Thanks very much, have investigated but the Vins don't match.  and I have the cover here in NZ..   if you hear of anything please let me know

Cheers

Paul

Just a foot note... there is no problem with the current or old owner in the USA ... the bikes moved on that fine with me now... just wanting to know the finer details of sale etc... happy for the bike to be with new owner... this is not a problem, trying to find what they paid for it and that kind of thing... no bid deal... If any one can help with these details would be hugely appreciated.  Cheers from NZ  Paul

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Paul Minnaert

Thanks so very much for still working on this for me.

I suspect the NZ seller that exported may have changed or incorrectly noted  the VIN when he exported the bike.  I am waiting for Moto Guzzi to come back to me and confirm the VIn number that they exported to me, there was only one bike sent here from the original production and we lost some docs in the chch earthquakes in 2011,

Tracy Durham who sold the bike into the states has flicked us the bird, he is just a real nasty bit of work and took the bike from the collection over a 5k disagreement, as the owner of the bike collection has died he simply feels we wont be able to prove he sold it, however I plan to get the right docs and get the bike classified as stolen, its just difficult without the end of the sale.  The horrible part is the guy minding the bike Chris Mullans was a great avid motorcyclist who had a heart attack of stress and died on his lounge floor, no doubt the stress was contributed by this guy Durham, its just sad all round, will drop you a message when I hear from the factory,

kindest regards my friend

Paul Taylor

• 2 months later...