no cam bearings?

fiveunderFL

I replaced my motor several months ago after the following happened. Just have questions.  2000 v11 sport. Old motor started knocking , I was going 45 and stopped. Wouldn't budge after cooling. Ripped it apart and the timing side crank flange is married to crankshaft, the camshaft won't budge, front big end bearing fried,  the tappet sheared from the cam, there are two missing teeth from the phonic wheel which I found one in bottom of timing chest and the other has made its way with the tappet through the oil pump, which the housing is scarred. I had the bike 2 weeks and got it for a steal because the fuel pump was bad. Picked one up at autostore and rode it away. Anyway I can't get the cam out. Am I correct in thinking this block is destroyed if the cam won't budge. There are no cam bearings correct? Part of the block? anyway I have some 15k mi heads, pistons, jugs, red valve covers, sump, timing set (zip tied in correct position) for sale if the block is toast. oh ya I fixed my oil pressure light. 

That sounds to me like if you have a small boat, you  have a very fine anchor.. :luigi: but I've been wrong before, and hope I am again.

11 hours ago, Chuck said:

That sounds to me like if you have a small boat, you  have a very fine anchor.. :luigi: but I've been wrong before, and hope I am again.

I don't see the metaphor but then again I am not a Mariner. 

10 hours ago, pete roper said:

Sorry but it sounds like it's beyond help. Start looking for a new donk.

Motor has been replaced. I'm just wondering if the camshaft being stuck in the old motor makes it a giant paperweight?

If you don't want your new motor to go the same way as the last one I'd suggest adding a sloppage sheet. I'm out of them but another enterprising soul is going to be taking over production so they should be available soon.

• Like 1

Not totally, but I can only really afford to batch manufacture and I end up with money sitting ties up in something slow moving for an obsolete model. I want them to be available. I also want the thieves at Gutsibits to take it up the arse and if someone else makes them and gives a 'Royalty' to Medicienes sans Frontiers on top of a cut for them I'm all totally fine with it! :thumbsup:

• Like 2