TPS break out cable

rich888

Anyone have a part code for the TPS connector? I wanted to make a breakout Tee connector. There are a few types of automotive locking connectors about and I'm not sure how compatible they all are...

I believe they are Delphi (Now Aptiv) GT 150 series connectors. I think I have found the plug (male housing with female pins) but not sure about a female housing...

On 4/13/2019 at 12:55 PM, Meinolf said:

Alas the $132 shipping to the UK kinda rules that out! LOL!

The connectors are cheap as chips. Mouser appears to have them. So will make one up.

1 hour ago, rich888 said:

Alas the $132 shipping to the UK kinda rules that out! LOL!

The connectors are cheap as chips. Mouser appears to have them. So will make one up.

I have to look at mine again but I felt like one of the connectors was custom.

d5d2512eb1348f612fd9bdbd1d1537d1.jpgd1a1d233561a5ca6e901910acd1d54c2.jpgf0182711a24bf368f8e88fd4efb28cea.jpg

I thought the same thing, I could just make the harness but then I realized the one side didn’t exist. Maybe it’s available now. If you find it let us know.

I can check to see how much shipping would be for me and I might be able to ship it to you for slightly less than $120.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, swooshdave said:

d5d2512eb1348f612fd9bdbd1d1537d1.jpgd1a1d233561a5ca6e901910acd1d54c2.jpgf0182711a24bf368f8e88fd4efb28cea.jpg

I thought the same thing, I could just make the harness but then I realized the one side didn’t exist. Maybe it’s available now. If you find it let us know.

I can check to see how much shipping would be for me and I might be able to ship it to you for slightly less than $120.

I can probably 3d print the female housing if none is easily available.

Thanks for the pics.

Thanks for the pics.

To be honest I’d just use the bare pins. You’ll only need this thing maybe once a year, more likely way less.

4 hours ago, rich888 said:

I made a female housing using a TPS salvaged from a dead Fiat at a wreckers yard. I cut off most of the TPS, soldered on leads, some epoxy and heatshrink sleeve, and presto.

The male plug is cut off the Fiat engine loom to the TPS. 

It looks like hell,  but works well.

• Like 2

I have no desire to screw about making my own. Life is too short.

If someone in the US could order three of them from Capers for me and then stick 'em in a USPS box for me I'd be grateful. I can Paypal the funds.

thanks

Pete

1 hour ago, pete roper said:

I have no desire to screw about making my own. Life is too short.

If someone in the US could order three of them from Capers for me and then stick 'em in a USPS box for me I'd be grateful. I can Paypal the funds.

thanks

Pete

I'm with you Pete if someone could add me to your order I'd be greatfull and could help out with the shipping of course.

Ciao